Jongwon Woo

Bali in May?

Hi guys

I was planning to dive at Bali in this May, but happened to hear that Bali is not quite recommendable in that season because of tough diving conditions - strong currents and windy weather.

Should I change the plan, or go ahead? What do think? :)

April / May is the time of year that the seasons change, (wet season / dry season)

I stayed at Scuba Seraya in Tulamben North east Bali last year in April and had a brilliant time, excellent vis, little to no currents, no rain and blue sky, the only problem was there were no clouds to make the snells window shots really rock.

Go !!!! you won't be dissapointed.

Let us know how it went and post some pics.

Be Safe, Be Lucky.

Nige Wade

Edited by under pressure

I am also travelling to Bali late april. Anyone being in Nusa Benida that time? Conditions in Manta point?

Aksu

Hi guys

I was planning to dive at Bali in this May, but happened to hear that Bali is not quite recommendable in that season because of tough diving conditions - strong currents and windy weather.

That's usually the best time of the year to go weatherwise. The wind is predominantly from the South West due to the monsoon which is great for surfers. The dive sites in Bali are mainly on the northern, north eastern and eastern side of the island.

April is the transitional month (usually!) so you will find it can be choppy at Manta Pt in the later afternoon. Usually ok in the morning.

I am considering Bali and Komodo in Sept, 2010. Is that a good time based on wind/weather?

Hi guys

We went last year in late May/early June and had a fantastic trip.

Weather varies from year to year, however... for instance, the pouring rain I'm looking at outside right now was NOT around last year in January.

I am considering Bali and Komodo in Sept, 2010. Is that a good time based on wind/weather?

I am planning a late september/early october trip to Bali. This will be my first Bali trip,so I have no personal knowledge;but everything I read says good weather in september/oct.. Most of the sources I've looked at say that sept. is the best chance of a mola mola encounter.We're also thinking about a side trip to Komodo ,but we haven't decided if losing a couple of dive days to fly to lauban bajo would be worth it.

Sponsors

Advertisements