Sign in to follow this  
maceras

Housing - Viewfinder

Hi there,

I've recently bought an ikelite housing for my eos 300d,

I find quite hard to see through the viewfinder.

It has the normal Ikelite Super-Eye magnifier.

there is any solution?? rather than buy the expensive viewfinders (dyron- nauticam) or just get used to it :-(

many thanks

Hi,

Our friends at Backscatter show an Inon viewfinder attached to an Ikelite housing. http://www.backscatter.com/learn/article/article.php?ID=36

Might be worth a call to them to see if it will work in your 30D model.

Good luck!

Steve

often overlooked:

what kind of mask do you have? how big? the bigger the mask, the further the viewfinder is from you eye and the harder it is to see. try a super low volume mask. I use the aqualung micromask, its about as small as they get, like swim goggles with a protruding nose pocket. makes a huge difference. oh, and always get a black mask, cuts out extraneous light.

if that doesn't work for you, or you already use a low volume mask, then look to viewfinders. Cheers,

Chris

The idea of a tranferable viewfinder is a good one. I currently have two Subal magnified viewfinders that cost over 1000$ each.

The viewfinder is well worth it, but I wish I didn't have to buy two.

Hi,

Our friends at Backscatter show an Inon viewfinder attached to an Ikelite housing. http://www.backscatter.com/learn/article/article.php?ID=36

Might be worth a call to them to see if it will work in your 30D model.

Good luck!

Steve

I'm having a similar issue...I have a Sea&Sea DX-1G. The view box for the LCD is gray and often too dark for me to see clearly. I've lightened up the lighting on the camera display and put a rubber shield that comes with the housing but it only darkens more. Should I search for a clear acrylic housing, does Ikelite make one for this model?

I'm having a similar issue...I have a Sea&Sea DX-1G. The view box for the LCD is gray and often too dark for me to see clearly. I've lightened up the lighting on the camera display and put a rubber shield that comes with the housing but it only darkens more. Should I search for a clear acrylic housing, does Ikelite make one for this model or someone else?

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements