trimixdiver1965

Video Settings

Hello all, I just bought a housing for my Sony, I like to know which is better for filming:

Do I set the zoom in for wide shooting or telephoto , assuming that I have only recording control reed switch , also I found that while recording my video's are green/blue, I know I should be using lights but at this point do I have any other options like maybe filters?

Hi Tony

What housing did you buy?

As you are starting out I would leave it on full wide.

To get colour down there without lights you need to white balance the camera or use a filter like a URPRO filter.

Lots of chats about this has taken place over the years, use the forums search and read a few posts.

Hi Tony

What housing did you buy?

As you are starting out I would leave it on full wide.

To get colour down there without lights you need to white balance the camera or use a filter like a URPRO filter.

Lots of chats about this has taken place over the years, use the forums search and read a few posts.

Hi wagsy I bought my housing from a guy in Cains , he used Autocad to design then made it out of Ally then coated with Anodise (blue) rated well over for 100mts, that why I bought the housing, will put up some pics soon...

What are these filter like ?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380130520923&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Here is what I have wagsy!

330h5pl.jpg2m7dks5.jpg

Edited by trimixdiver1965

Gee that's one solid looking box you got there :island:

Get a hole in it and just weld her up....lol

Yes that one might work.

Here is the URPRO site

http://www.urprofilters.com

Hey Tony.... nice pics mate but they are a little bit tiny :island:

Got any larger ones....

Tips...yep fly me over there, pay me and I will show ya.... :)

Or just keep reading and practicing.

Hey Tony.... nice pics mate but they are a little bit tiny :island:

Got any larger ones....

Tips...yep fly me over there, pay me and I will show ya.... :)

Or just keep reading and practicing.

2gseq6f.jpg

2zf1itf.jpg

219ao48.jpg

10pu905.jpg

2i1il1z.jpg

Is this better wagsy.

As for tips how much you charging I have my cheque book ready HA HA..

That housing looks pretty much indestructible!!!

What functionality can you access on the cam?

That housing looks pretty much indestructible!!!

What functionality can you access on the cam?

Yep sure is , I plan on taken the housing down to 100 mtr +..

I only have record button, thats all I wanted , no holes less chance of flooding.

I see you have a remote in there, is that what the button on the housing pushes on?

Well I will fly over there if you really want me...lol how big is ya check book :island:

Tony if you use a filter like a UR-Pro then subjects within the range of your lights are going to go red when you turn them on. And without lights, below say 20-30m the filter will just cut down on valuable available light from the surface, making your footage "noisy" (distortion). If you're going deep then forget the filter, but you could try it for some shallower stuff. And I agree, shoot on full wide unless you're specifically shooting small subjects. If you want something bigger in your frame, swim closer to it!

Ok I will get hold of the filter for shallow stuff and only use lights (when I find a set) for deeper stuff.

wagsy the remote inside is just for the camera , the on/off button on the outside works on a magnet and reed switch inside , the reed switch inside is wired to the remote , hense when you press the button (magnet on the outside ) the record comes on .

You can see this in the 1st pic.

Again I went this way cus I didn't want any holes on the housing.

What may help with the colour at your TOD without cutting down on what light is there by using a filter is to set up the manual WB first based on the camera's ability to replace the missing red/orange, it won't be perfect but you should have a less washed out picture. Experiment with manually white balancing the camera against a light/medium blue slate topside, see how far you can push the camera into the red before there's an unacceptable level of noise....

Cheers

Richard

Edited by RWBrooks

trimixdiver1965, what lcd display is this? where did You buy it?

Came with the housing!

What may help with the colour at your TOD without cutting down on what light is there by using a filter is to set up the manual WB first based on the camera's ability to replace the missing red/orange, it won't be perfect but you should have a less washed out picture. Experiment with manually white balancing the camera against a light/medium blue slate topside, see how far you can push the camera into the red before there's an unacceptable level of noise....

Cheers

Richard

Already done this Richard.

Sponsors

Advertisements