Sign in to follow this  
arenny

Help with arm and tray for PT015

I just got my Oly C5050 and a PT015. I am thinking of getting the Sea & Sea DX90 strobe. Any suggestions on the arm and tray?

Thanks!!!

There are many trays to choose from. If you're getting the PT-015, I think the downright "coolest" tray is the ultralight flip tray:

www.ulcs.com

Other trays that are popular are Ikelite and the regular (not flip) ultralight.

I use Ultralight arms (2 8 inch) and I really like them. Not affiliated in any way.

Cheers

James

I was told the Sea & sea tray will also work. Their arms are ok and are a lot cheaper than the Ultralights.

Jack

I used to use a sea and sea tray with an ULCS (Ultralight) handle and arms. When I upgraded to a dual strobe setup I bought the new Fisheye tray. The distance of the grip(s) can be adjusted to suit the housing (useful for the PT-015 and those pesky buttons on the left) and making the setup more compact. It also has a back brace or ridge that prevents the housing from spinning while still allowing you to open the housing door. Attaching the ULCS arms was done easily with ULCS adaptors. 1064886423_fisheye-9300279.jpg

Previous rig:

rig.jpg

Have you thought of a Fisheye tray? Go to 'Trays and Arms'.

I like mine because it's a small overall package and I prefer the flexible Infinity arms. On the tray for the PT-015, the handle(s) are adjustable so you can get a good fit for using the buttons and jog dial combo....at least that's why I'm glad it's there!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements