Sign in to follow this  
Craig Ruaux

Free NLE software from AVID

Avid would really like you not to buy any non-linear editing software other than their own. In fact they so much want your business, they're going to give you some Avid editing software free of charge.

Details are on Avid's website here, including the limitations of this version of their software. They really really really hope that you will then upgrade to the $999 version above it, at least.

This is now available - it wasn't a few days ago when I checked!

Downloading it now....

Ok, downloaded it.

It won't initialize, and barfs with a complaint that it cannot find a supported audio card in my PC. Oh well. :(

Free to $999. Quite a jump...

Tryouts for our apps are also freely available and you can have Premiere Pro, Encore DVD, Audition, and After Effects for $200 less than Avid DV Express til' the end of November.

Just a thought...

Daniel Brown

Sr. Evangelist > Adobe Systems Inc.

Never used AVID but am concerned about the economy of doing so with HD around the corner. They've recently reduced their price (to just expensive) but the product is still strictly DV. I haven't had the nerve to price their HD capable software.

I'd sure like to see Premiere Pro offer HDV builtin project settings. VV does that.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements