Sign in to follow this  
Nige Wade

Lembeh Resorts

I've got a bit of a dilemma, my wife, who dosen't dive needs a nice pool or beach (or both) to relax and recharge the batteries in the sun.

In June and July for the last couple of years, on every day trip to Lembeh from Manado (where there was nothing but sunshine) it's rained heavily in Lembeh.

This has caused her to believe that if we go to stay in Lembeh she's going to have a miserable time, and I am busting to get there for a fortnight.

So I need to know if we were just unlucky and be able to convince the "Guvnor" that it dosen't rain in Lembeh every day so she'll continue her Diving Widow duties.

Or does Lembeh get lots more rain being on the East side of the mountains?

Anyone been and not experienced wet conditions (above the water)

Thanks Guys

Nigel Wade

Lembeh typically gets a lot less rain than the Manado side, i think you were just unlucky. I remember June / July being fairly dry :s Now it's the 'wet' season and we have daily showers in the evening but its not too bad.

My wife just goes shopping in Manado when the weather is crappy, either that or the wii comes out!

For Resorts with pools we dont make that list, depending on Budget i'd try Lembeh Resort, KBR or Bastianos.

Edited by Scuba_SI

We stayed at KBR Lembeh mid of Dec. 2009 for a week - supposed to be wet season; but no rain - all our days were very productive.

Their boats probably the fastest in Lembeh. Most of divesites can be reached less than 10 minutes. I like to have dry towel and fresh fruit (or hot chocolate at night diving) at the boat every time we finish diving.

KBR has nice pool and spa.

Ya, this last June/July we had absolutely no rain at all... we were using the water from the rinse tanks to water the gardens and lawn because everything was dying.

Nov to March it rains, june and july? not so much..

Two years ago at the end of July, we had a tremendous amount of rain one day. The guests in the hilltop cabins were stranded for a while as the stairs became waterfalls. The Straight went to mud brown in a few hours. We managed one more dive in the centre of the Straight and then packed it in. It was really unusual, but here is the evidence...needless to say, vis sucked! I was sure glad we were not diving the next day.

Cheers,

Marli

post-1116-1264878044.jpg

Marli

I was at lembeh in July 2008 on a day trip from Santika resort and it belted down all day.

On the way back to Manado I saw the shop keepers in Bitung were bailing out their shops with buckets, wonder if it was the same day?

Sounds like I was unlucky on that trip. The memory still lingers for the wife and I needed to convince her otherwise.

We've been to Indonesia enough times to know that the weather is tropical and a shower or two is the norm, just needed to be sure.

Thanks everyone for the replies I've almost got the Guvnor convinced. :)

Nigel Wade

Typically, the rainy season in Lenbeh is January through March/April.

But being in the tropics, it can and will rain any time, more often in the afternoon.

I was at lembeh in July 2008 on a day trip from Santika resort and it belted down all day.

On the way back to Manado I saw the shop keepers in Bitung were bailing out their shops with buckets, wonder if it was the same day?

I'm sure it was..it was freaking surreal. I have seen monsoons in Thailand but this beat it all. I looked it up on Weather Underground, and it rained a phenomenal amount: 9.2 cm. on July 29th in two hours. This happened over several hours, making it even more incredible than over the course of a day. What struck me over the week was everyone was wearing toques, and complaining about how cold it was. As a Canadian, this was pretty funny. They were all complaining about the cold and catching colds. It's all about relativity, in the broadest sense. I miss Lembeh. What is very strange is that this followed a period of amazing visibility: anywhere from 40 to 70 feet on a daily basis. We were blessed.

Last year, 10 feet at the same time of year. Not nearly as enjoyable, but then again, different crittters were around.

I hope I get to go there again one day.

Cheers,

Marli

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements