Snaphappy

Manatee shots from Crystal River

I went snorkeling with the manatees at Three Sisters Spring at Crystal River last week and had some fantastic encounters. I went in the water on Monday and Tuesday, and Tuesday turned out to be the ideal day! The air temps were in the 40's which meant lots of manatees headed over to the spring for warmth. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, so I had great lighting for my shots! I hope you enjoy these images. :good: Robyn

2_manatees.jpg

2_manatees2.jpg

manatee_face2.jpg

mother_and_calf3.jpg

nursing_manatee.jpg

manatee_face2_600.jpg

manatee_full_shot_600_pix.jpg

split_shot.jpg

split_shot4.jpg

Good shots Robyn.

I'll go there in March previous of my trip to Tiger Beach. Could you tell me more about this place?. Are there other dives points?, Water temperature?, etc.

Thanks.

Nice pics Robyn;

I was there the last 3 days all 3 great days, but yesterday afternoon was astounding! Must have been 200 manatees outside the springs, looked like you could have walked across the water. And they were amazingly interactive, with 2 or 3 of them at a time trying to get attention like jealous golden retrievers.

I was there the last 3 days all 3 great days, but yesterday afternoon was astounding! Must have been 200 manatees outside the springs, looked like you could have walked across the water. And they were amazingly interactive, with 2 or 3 of them at a time trying to get attention like jealous golden retrievers.

Nice set Robyn.

That is great to hear, Jeff. Hope they stick around for the next week. My group will be there from Friday PM. I know lots of photographers who have been up there in the last few weeks and everyone is reporting lots of great encounters.

Bringing a topside lens and tripod, too. So hope there is some good bird life around too.

Alex

Alex,

I'm pretty certain they'll stick around till the weather warms up.

I will be there either Friday (most likely) or Saturday again. I'll try to hook up.

Congrats Robyn, they look wonderful, and the light on #3 is spectacular.

Thanks for sharing them,

Steve

Sweet shots. #3 and #4 especially.

It's on my bucket list.

John

Very nice. I'm hoping to be there next weekish.

Starting the drive from the Left Coast this weekend.

Lovely shots!

I hope to spend one day at Crystal river after my JASA trip, on March 12. Hope that the Manatees will still be around then..

Al

Sponsors

Advertisements