edmond320

Olympus E-PL1,with underwater housing

No Manta, that is not what I am talking about. Once again Athena makes an adapter ring that fits the Olympus PT-EP01 housing for the E-PL1 "PEN" camera. With the adapter mounted to the PEN housing ports from Olympus, Inon and Athena made for the Olympus DSLR housings (from Olympus, (SeaTool and Nexus for E-3) can be mounted on the PEN housing.

The ZEN Underwater Pen port (100 mm) fits only the PEN housing.

Phil Rudin

No Manta, that is not what I am talking about. Once again Athena makes an adapter ring that fits the Olympus PT-EP01 housing for the E-PL1 "PEN" camera. With the adapter mounted to the PEN housing ports from Olympus, Inon and Athena made for the Olympus DSLR housings (from Olympus, (SeaTool and Nexus for E-3) can be mounted on the PEN housing.

The ZEN Underwater Pen port (100 mm) fits only the PEN housing.

Phil Rudin

Phil, you are always a step ahead on Olympus stuff. I had not heard about the Athena adapter. It sounds good, but ... the opening for the lens is still narrow, so that only m43 lenses will fit (well, I tried the m43 converter and it won't fit, so forget the E series lenses I wanted to play with down under). There are not a lot of lens options for m43 just now, so while it's great the Athena adapter will let you put the 8 inch dome on the PT-EP01, I'm not sure what lenses at present make that worthwhile. What combinations make sense?

Pretty weird, I've not encountered it. Does it do it consistently and does it do it above water?

If also above water I'd say you should get your camera sent back to Oly for repair. If just uw, it may be that your housing buttons are getting stuck down, maybe two buttons together are somehow jamming the camera up. See if you can narrow it down.

Jack

It does it above water and outside the housing too so i sent it to Olympus for warranty repair.. Thanks

Sponsors

Advertisements