Sign in to follow this  
lonelycat

Internet access in Ambon

Is there any internet cafe near Maluku Divers that allows me to use my laptop for internet access? Thanks!

Just bring a USB modem or phone with GSM data service. You only get 2G service in that area I think. Blackberry works very well in the bay. Then tether the phone to the laptop. If you don't want to pay roaming, have Marcus and Sammy arrange for someone to buy you a local SIM card and tip them a bit. Going to the city from the resort is a 20 minute drive and not really worth it, unless you want to eat KFC or shopping for handicrafts.

Indonesian Sim cards cost about $3, you can then buy a 100,000 rupiah credit ($10) and that should last you quite a while for surfing and email. Just don't upload photos...

There's unlimited Blackberry service for $20 for 30 days with Simpati and Indosat. But you have to upload from the BB browser. Tethered is separately charged.

There's unlimited Blackberry service for $20 for 30 days with Simpati and Indosat. But you have to upload from the BB browser. Tethered is separately charged.

Thanks all ! Your info are VERY useful :>

For full service Blackberry you have 3 options on telkomsel.

Rp8000 a day, paying per day.

Rp50,000 per week, paying per week.

Rp180000 per 30days. Paying per month.

Calls are of course extra, so dont forget to prefix international numbers 01017 for their IDD rate.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements