Sign in to follow this  
lederman

DS-50 problems

Hi,

I've recently bought a DS-50 stobe and a TTL wireless sensor. I have failed to make it work with my Olympus C4000 (in a PT-010). When i try to use it the picture dont get enough light (although the strobe shoots). When i tried to cover the internal flash (just the front) the picture is almost black. I also tried to put the DS-50 in front of my camera with the sensor pointing at the internal flash - Although the DS50 shoots, i cant see any light coming out of it in the picture.

I tried to connect the DS50 to my friend's sensor (he also has a wireless TTL sensor) and to my surprise it works.

At this point i dont know if the problem is in my sensor, or it's a problem with this line of sensors. My friend's sensor was purchased a few months ago, and i heard that ikelite have made some changes in this type of sensor a couple of times, so maybe this problems appear only in the new sensors ?

Any ideas anyone ? :D

Thanks.

Note - I checked, and the sensor is set to pre-flash. Also tried the other option. It's not the cause of the problem.

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem with my Canon S40. If you point the sensor extremly towards yourself and the flash extremly away from you it works. But only on land. Under water I couldn´t get it to work in any position. Otherwise the main flash does a full burst but not insync with the camera. I will talk to my dealer today and try to return the flash...

Best regards

Christian

Note - I checked, and the sensor is set to pre-flash. Also tried the other option. It's not the cause of the problem.

I had the same problems with the TTL sensor.. .do yourself a favour and get the manula controller.. you will not regret it. I've still to get my TTL sensor sorted out but when I do it's going on eBay. I cannot stress enough how much happier I've been with the manual controller... ymmv and of course this is all imho :(

Be ready for a wait in getting your sensor replaced. I got a dead sensor on a brand spanking new DS-125 kit. Fresh out of the box, hadn't touched the water.

No worries with that, these things do happen.

It took me 2 minutes to know it was dead and 15 minutes of testing with my other DS-125 to absolutely confirm its dead...but, on querying Ikelite as to whether they had received the part back from the distributor, they told me that its going to take them 3 to 4 weeks to reconfirm that the sensor was DOA.

I'm now looking at a total time of approx 3 months from ordering my second strobe to actually getting it wet (The Aussie distie does wait a few weeks so as to place a bulk order).

I am unimpressed with this follow-on service, although, I should say, aside from this, love the Ike gear.

A

27/10/03 I should add that Ike has already been in contact with me and the 3 to 4 weeks repair turnaround is now looking significantly shorter!

Hello everybody!

I like to give you an update on my sensor issue. Due to Ike´s absolut fast and superior service I can exchange the automatic sensor with an manual one without extra costs! Also I should note the perfect service of my german dealer: Nautilus Equipment who was also very obliging!

It should arrive next week.

I will have you informed how my results are... but I only expect the very best now and will definitely stay with a company who is delivering that kind of customer service even for us folks in "old europe" :-)))

Best regards

Christian

PS: Can´t wait fpr the Digital Rebel housing....

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements