Sign in to follow this  
cpadiver

7D in Ikelite Housing

Do any of you have this setup?

I am interested in your experience with the black square in the 7D.

How does the black square compare with the red square of the 30/40/50D models?

Does the black square create any issues on a dark background?

Is the larger viewfinder noticable?

Anything else you care to add to your Ikelite/7D experience would be appreciated.

Thanks for your comments.

Do any of you have this setup?

I am interested in your experience with the black square in the 7D.

How does the black square compare with the red square of the 30/40/50D models?

Does the black square create any issues on a dark background?

Anything else you care to add to your Ikelite/7D experience would be appreciated.

Thanks for your comments.

Not sure I understand the " Black Square " vs the " Red Square " question... can you ask

it a little differently...???

The Ikelite housings are pretty much all the same... they just interface with the different controls of each

camera body...

Some of the main differences with the 7D vs 30/40/50D is that the 7D is a more refined body that is very fast

and responsive... and also shoots 1080P HD video... it also has better focus and the frame rate is faster.

Does this help with your question... feel free to ask away...

Thanks for the effort to answer.

And the 7D has a new metering system.

I am familiar with the 30D, 40D and 50D as I have each camera and Ikelite housing for each.

The difference in the viewfinder of the 7D as opposed to the 30/40/50 series is that the focus confirmation square in the 7D is a litle larger and it lights up in black as opposed to the smaller red square of the 30/40/50 series. In low light the entire focusing screen in the 7D will flash red to allow you to see better.

I will say this incorrectly, but the 7D has a digital viewfinder so that grids can be used as a part of the firmware of the camera.

Since the 7D focus confiormation square lights up in black, I am wondering if that is harder to see thatn the red square of the 30/40/50.

Hopefully someone that has this combuination and will care to comment.

Edited by cpadiver

The default mode for the 7D is that the focus points light up red in low light conditions only. If you prefer they always light up red, as was the case for my 20D/40D/50D you can go into the menu system on the 7D (Custom Function III-8) and change it so that the 7D does the same.

Yes. Edited by Gudge

There is a new focus option on the 7D... its called Spot AF.. I like to use it so I know exactly where the focus point is when I

take the shot...

I was wondering if I had made a wrong decision when I bought the 7D because I also have a 5DMKII and knew that Canon was

going to be upgrading the 5D with firmware... but now I'm being told the 5D will not have 60P... I like the 60P on the 7D

for slow motion work... and I also like the fact that I don't have to carry an extra flash for topside shots....

After more study of the manual and trial and error, I have come to conclude that you can get the focus point to light up red in One Shot and AI Focus modes. You cannot in AI Servo.

Since I shoot almost exclusively in AI Servo, it will take some relearning to use AI Focus.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements