cor

DIY small dome port for CFWA

I did some diving in Cozumel and used the dome port made by Barry Guimbellot. I used it on my Nexus housing with the Tokina 10-17 lens on a Nikon D2x camera. It is so much easier to pack and use the small dome rather than the large dome I originally purchased from Nexus. It also doesn't make the housing so buoyant in the front like the big dome does which makes it much more comfortable to use underwater. I'm usually having to twist downward with my wrists to keep the housing level with the big dome port on so for someone with carpal tunnel tendencies it keeps the stress on the wrists much lower. It makes for really sharp pictures edge to edge and is a lot easier to use besides being a lot less expensive. I've attached some pics I took with it. Pics are not cropped

post-33211-0-63861600-1364268571_thumb.jpg

Second pic from Cozumel with the small Bare Dome Port

post-33211-0-23727700-1364269893_thumb.jpg

Edited by squidpro

Is it possible to make the dome and use it as a wet lens for my s95 with canon housing... i got a 67mm filter thread adapter already

But i will like to do a wide angle shot as the 28mm on the s95 is abit not so wide angle underwater...

Is it possible to make the dome and use it as a wet lens for my s95 with canon housing... i got a 67mm filter thread adapter already

But i will like to do a wide angle shot as the 28mm on the s95 is abit not so wide angle underwater...

I do not think my dome can be used on your s95 Canon housing, even though you do not mention what housing you have. There is an extension built into my ports that will most likely cause your lens to vignette. The hole diameter in the back of the smallest, M5 size port, is 100 mm, which is much larger than your adapter.

Thanks for asking and good luck,

Barry

www.bareports.com

www.keywordworkflow.com

Sponsors

Advertisements