Hi, i just upgreat my camera to D90 and waiting for my Nauticam housing.

Deal to new camera with 12mp and i find out my 4gb is not enough for me if i want to shoot video.

I have put in my 8gb sd card but my D90 can't read it

So how many GB to u use? what is the brand ?

many thanks..........

The D90 supports the SDHC spec for the cards, so should support up to 32Gb.

Have you tested the card to see if it works in another device (e.g. a card reader on on the computer)?

James.

Yes the 8gb work with my old d80 and canon compact camera but not with d90.....:)

Yes the 8gb work with my old d80 and canon compact camera but not with d90.....:)

Try formatting it first in the computer or in the camera with the latest firmware. I have a couple of cards that on first attempt don't work with a particular body but if I format them in the computer they work fine.

Bill

Try formatting it first in the computer or in the camera with the latest firmware. I have a couple of cards that on first attempt don't work with a particular body but if I format them in the computer they work fine.

Bill

Yes, do go with Bill's suggestion.

Bob

Nikon FAQ:

The following SD memory cards have been approved for use in the D90 digital SLR. All cards of the designated make and capacity can be used, regardless of speed.

SanDisk: 512MB, 1GB, 2GB1, 4GB2 , 8GB2

Panasonic: 512MB, 1GB, 2GB1, 4GB2 , 8GB2, 32GB2

Toshiba: 512MB, 1GB, 2GB1, 4GB2 , 8GB2, 32GB2

Lexar Media : •512 MB, 1 GB

•Platinum II series: 512 MB, 1 GB, 2GB2, 4GB2

•Professional series: 1 GB, 2 GB1, 4GB2

All SD memory cards indicated above can be used regardless of their transfer speed.

1 If the memory card will be used with a card reader or other device, the device must support 2GB SD memory cards.

2 SDHC-compliant.

Other brands and capacities of cards may work, but Nikon cannot guarantee their operation. Check with the manufacturer of the third-party card for compatibility information. Nikon recommends keeping one of the approved cards available for troubleshooting.

I have try format at my camera and still the some. I have check at Internet, there are no new firmware for d90 yet or any one here know what is the latest vision? Btw my 8gb is scadisk 8gb2

I use 4,8,16 in my D90. Try to format the card on a computer first. Maybe something is wrong with your camera???

Sponsors

Advertisements