Chris R

Inon Z240 strobe HELP!

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been discussed before but I am just setting up some new Z240s I'm confused and frustrated, can anyone help?

I use my strobes manually, so according to my (v.complicated!) manual I need to insert the TTL insulating plate into the strobe connector. Am I reading this correctly because the wretched things are next to impossible to insert, ARGH!

What will happen if I don't use them?

Any tips on how to insert them?

Help!

I'm using them with a Nikon D200/Sea & Sea housing

Thanks in advance

Chris

some cameras use nikonos standard 5 pin versus the 3 pin strobe cord. How many pins are on your cord? Ikelite cases uses 5.

Chris,

You have the Sea & Sea MDX-D200? If so there should be 2 sync ports - one labeled "Converter" and one with no label? If this is the case, simply insert your sync cable into the non-labeled port which is the manual one. Use of the TTL insulating plate is not needed in your case.

TTL via electrical sync cable required 5 a 5-pin connection. Manual requires only 2. If a 5 pin connection is used when firing manually, the camera will lock up.

Chris,

You have the Sea & Sea MDX-D200? If so there should be 2 sync ports - one labeled "Converter" and one with no label? If this is the case, simply insert your sync cable into the non-labeled port which is the manual one. Use of the TTL insulating plate is not needed in your case.

TTL via electrical sync cable required 5 a 5-pin connection. Manual requires only 2. If a 5 pin connection is used when firing manually, the camera will lock up.

Hello,

I've always used my 2 5 pin sea and sea sync chords with 2 sea and sea strobes with no problems.... maybe I shouldn't have read the INON manual?! Bit confused but the strobes are firing ok.

Thanks for the replies

C

Edited by Chris R

Sponsors

Advertisements