JACohen

Should I be worried about going through San Juan?

Anyone out there been through San Juan recently? I know there used to be a lot of camera gear that went missing through there a few years ago but what about now? Should I avoid the stop over there?

Here's one data point:

I recently flew through San Juan on the way to St Croix. I packed a Pelican (well, a Storm), a dive bag, and a couple of duffels. Since the plane to St Croix is small, my camera case got left off the plane and stayed overnight in San Juan BOTH on the way out and also back home. Nothing came up missing to my pleasant surprise.

Cheers

James

That's good to hear James. Thanks. I'm asking as I heard that the problems were largely resolved there but being Asian based I don't know for sure.

We went through San Juan in November, no problem with luggage but we carried our camera gear as a carry-on. But I must warn you that on the way back, TSA will make you unpack your carry-on camera gear so that the housing and camera bodies go through x-ray separately. Just allow enough time to in your transfer for this TSA inspection and repacking. Two years ago one of my diving friends lost all her dive gear in a San Juan transfer. I personally try to avoid a San Juan transfer.

Sponsors

Advertisements