offthegrid

Is there anyway to reattach Pelican Pick-N-Pluck foam?

TSA decided to just jam my gear back in my case last month, with absolutely zero consideration for it's worth or potentially damaging it. In the process they broke a bunch of the foam apart.

I seem to remember Pelican suggesting rubber cement, but I tried that in the past and it didn't really work to well.

I've re-arranged my Pelican foam a few times and contact glue works fine for me.

I use a hot glue gun and it works great. Warning, once glued it does not come apart easy.

I use a hot glue gun and it works great. Warning, once glued it does not come apart easy.
Perfect!!! That's exactly what I'm looking for.

The problem I had with the rubber cement, and that I think I'll have with some of the suggestions I've been getting.

They work...but don't really hold that great. The more permanent the better.

Perfect!!! That's exactly what I'm looking for.

The problem I had with the rubber cement, and that I think I'll have with some of the suggestions I've been getting.

They work...but don't really hold that great. The more permanent the better.

Let us know how it works... I have a few bits that could stand a permanent reconnection as well.

Still not done, but like he said, makes a very strong bond!

Edited by grunzster

It's pretty hard to do, but I've seen it done. Try just sticking it back into position - may be a little weak, but it should hold.

Sponsors

Advertisements