Sign in to follow this  
Will_Clark

Komodo liveaboard for a single diver

I'm on a big trip in Bali, and have already dived in Menjangan, Secret Bay, round Talumben, Padangbai and soon I'll be on Nusa Lembongan. I need some ideas about where to go next.

I'm thinking I might round my trip off with a Komodo liveaboard but I'm keen to avoid paying a single supplement... not only are the costs piling up, but I snore quite badly, so I don't want to share a room with a stranger (insert sexist joke here)

Any ideas how I can get some of the Komodo action during the next few weeks without the excessive costs?

The only way I know to get a single cabin on a liveaboard, is to pay up the single only fee, otherwise you might have to share.

You might get a single cabin if there is a light load of divers on the boat, but there is otherwise no guarantee of getting a cabin on your own.

Good luck.

Check with Kararu , their boat - Cheng Ho have a couple of single cabins . Those rooms have lots of space , i liked very much .

I know they do Komodo during certain months of the year.

Good luck

Mermaid 1 liveaboard has a single cabin. It is very nice. Same price as the main deck two share cabins. They do have two budget cabins on lower deck also which are basic but a good size.

I think Mermaid II also has 2 singles below deck. Less money than MMI but 8 fewer dives.

Mermaid 1 has larger rooms, takes less passengers, does a longer Komodo trip with more dives than the Mermaid 2.

This might be a good topic for a pinned thread where we can list liveaboards in various locations that have single cabins.

Thanks for the fast replies. I've already contacted Mermaid by Skype, and they are not around this area for a few months.

I'll try the others you've suggested, cheeers.

You're right about a pinned post for single divers.

Go to aquamarinediving.com

They are a diving travel agent located in Bali and do excellent diving arrangements. They can recommend a Komodo live-a-board in various price ranges with single accommodations.

I have used them and recommend them. They made my Bali trips effortless.

Elmer

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements