Sign in to follow this  
kornse

Need a small camera(or help with focus-problems on Gopro HD)

Hi all.

I have just bought a GoPro HD(http://www.goprocamera.com/)

I intended to use for freediving/spearfishing because of the size. Tiny! But when I tried it underwater the focus was really bad. It works perfectly above water so I just don't get why it wont work UW.

So now I´m left with two choices. Fix the problem or sell the camera and by a new one.

Fix?? Anyone??

Sell/Buy: Wich camera would you recommend? It needs too be Hi resolution and small. I use Canon normally but i am open too other brands.

Hope someone can help me.

Cheers

Mads

Anyone????

Anyone????

For fixing the problem, I'm not familiar with the GoPro cameras, but my guess is that the problem with focus might have something to do with low light, and using a focus light would help

For a new camera, what's your budget? How small do you want it to be? How high resolution is "hi resolution"? What environment will you be shooting in? How important is video as compared to prints?

Hi Dave.

I did a test in a well lit pool and in a bathtub. But i have decided too sell it and buy a new camera.

I have a budget of around 550usd. The camera will mostly be used for filming freedivers and spearfishers so it needs to be compact. So video is more important than prints. It will be used in green water from the surface to 20meters.

I have considered Canon ixus 200 and panasonic tz7. They both record in 720p. But I dont know anything about video so there might be something better out there.

Thanks

Mads

try the modified gopro housing at:

www.eyeofmine.com

they add a flat lens to the housing....it sharpens up focus for video, so should work for stills

Thanks but i sold the camera.

Mads

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements