adamhanlon

Under the Sea releases on DVD and Blu-Ray

Hi all,

14 Months after it's screen release, Howard and Michelle Hall's IMAX movie "Under the Sea" has been released on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Field production for UNDER THE SEA 3D consisted of five major month-long expeditions to five different locations. The first two expeditions were to New Britain and Milne Bay in Papua New Guinea aboard the diving live-aboard, Star Dancer. For the third expedition they moved south to the cold waters of South Australia with Rodney Fox Shark Diving Expeditions aboard the Princess II. After South Australia they filmed on the Great Barrier Reef aboard the Undersea Explorer. The final expedition was nearly six weeks in length aboard the Indonesian live-aboard Sevens Seas.

The IMAX version of the film was very well received, with many people feeling it was their best yet. There is a fascinating field production journal about the making of the film here

The DVD and Blu-Ray versions are vailable from Amazon etc. although Amazon UK don't seem to have it yet!

Adam

I enjoyed the IMAX for sure.

Wonder if a 3D version to suit the yet-to-be-released Sony TVs will be released at a later time.

Excellent - thanks for the reminder. Just ordered the Blu-Ray version so I can put it up on the big screen for my 19 month old daughter to look at the "Fishieeeeesssss!!!"

Hey, at least someone likes looking at my underwater photos, and she doesn't seem to care if 60% of them are of fishes backsides...

James.

Sponsors

Advertisements