Sign in to follow this  
aihalain

South of Andaman Sea and Similans

These are my first pictures to this forum. Started Diving two years ago and now cannot imagine diving without camera. I was two weeks in Thailand; Phi Phi, Hin Daeng/Muang, Koh Haa, Similans and Richelieu Rock. Most of the pictures are macro, training for the next trip. Hope to get some comments. And how improve?

The whole set can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/amnesia71/set...57623755394058/

Here is couple.

4479978118_9fe8f071a4.jpg

4479384843_39c27f4b45.jpg

4484419511_233573d9c4.jpg

Aksu

Nice shots. I had never heard of a pygmy pipe fish. Very cool.

I checked out the link on Flickr, too. The whole set is very good.

Great gallery!

What setup are You useing?

Cheers

Karel

Hi Aksu,

These are lovely pictures-thanks for posting them.

I particularly like the second one.

As constructive criticism, I think your strobe positioning and power is a little off in the first and third-the lighting (for me) detracts from the subjects.

Thanks again

Adam

Some lovely critters there. Well done

Stew

Thanks for the comments.

Jazzyjezzy: The pipefish was with Scuba Queen, divemaster Heikki who also found that couple of months ago.

Adam: thank you for the critisism. I had hard time getting the decent light and I found out the problem last day when I shot wideangles, my other strobe was not syncronized ( right one), so all the pictures are with left strobe. Should have taken laptop to figure out that earlier ;)

Karel: My set up is Nikon D3, sea and sea housing, two Inon 240 strobes, Nikon 105/2.8, Nikon 60/2.8, Sigma 15/2.8 FE

Hope to get back to water, if the vulcanic activity lets my fly back to Asia....

Aksu

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements