Sign in to follow this  
yahsemtough

A snow goose or two

While snow has essentially all melted, I came across what at first I thought was snow in the middle of a field. I soon realized the snow seemed to be moving and was over a 1000 Snow Geese. They are rather loud when all squawking. LOL

123298884.jpg

A couple more images at Visit My Website

Cheers

Todd

While snow has essentially all melted, I came across what at first I thought was snow in the middle of a field. I soon realized the snow seemed to be moving and was over a 1000 Snow Geese. They are rather loud when all squawking. LOL

Great shots. The Snow Owl is a beauty....

Went back today after the day job to see if any were still around and found one or two still around. :goodpost:

123340711.jpg

Cheers

Todd

That is amazing.

You have to do some shots off the tripod on longer exposures to blur the wings. I think the dense flocks look at their best like that.

Alex

Excellent idea. With the volume I have been trying to get it more abstract than documentary. I may be able to sneak up easier without the tripod. First flight was due to an airplane that passed over. Second was me with the camera.

Will hope they are still around today at take a run at it that way. Shot yesterday with 1.4TC attached hand held and was amazed at the IS. I forgot to put my plate on the lens in my hurry to get out the door after getting the approval from my wife to miss dinner. :goodpost:

Cheers

Todd

Gee how many are there..... and how do they take off and not crash into each other hey...

Thousands! When they all take off together you can pretty much feel it. It is really amazing to see. They seem to be very organized.

Added a few more to Visit My Website

Here are a couple. They definitely take off when a plane is coming near and when I get within an acceptable distance. Seemed to be more today.

123389825.jpg

123389901.jpg

Cheers

Todd

Went back yesterday and only a few hundred so I did not even stop and get out to shoot. Looks like the migration north continues.

What an amazing experience to get to see.

Now to try and edit and cull the many images.

Cheers

Todd

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements