Sign in to follow this  
ibsroushdi

First year with a DSLR

I did my first dives with a DSLR in january of 2009 so having got very bored having been on dry land for a little while put together what i think are my best photos of last year. Would be very grateful for any feedback/ advise/ etc. (also my first foray into flikr)

Cheers all

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ibsroushdi/

I did my first dives with a DSLR in january of 2009 so having got very bored having been on dry land for a little while put together what i think are my best photos of last year. Would be very grateful for any feedback/ advise/ etc. (also my first foray into flikr)

Cheers all

There are alot of really great shots in there, really impressive already after only one year (and if I dive for another 20 I will not be able to get shots that good.)

Well done.

Hello,

What shutter speed are you using on the wide angle shots? The water seems quite dark which could be part due to the topside weather that day but they seem to indicate a faster shutter speed? Looks like a nice collection of shots for your first time out with the DSLR.

Cheers

Todd

Gorgeous portfolio- if these are your first attempts all I can say is...Wowwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Well done u

:goodpost:

Good first year. I really liked the turtle with the remoras on it. Nice lighting in the top with the catch of the sun rays.

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing more of your work this next year.

DiverPam

Hey nice shots!

I like the composition of the schooling jacks-but think it is a tad underexposed

I would nudge up the exposure control in Lightroom/Photoshop etc and see what happens!

Adam

Some beautiful images. My favs include the close shot of the turtle with the sunrays and the split. Both great shots. If you get a chance you could play with the thresher shots again. WB looks a shade off on my screen. Besides it would be fun!

Nicely done,

Steve

Great job! Looks like You have had a busy year and got some very good results.

I really like You'r Marsa Alam stuff.

Thanks for sharing.

Karel

Looks like you are off to a great start! Can't wait to see what your next year brings.

Thanks for all the encouragment and suggestions guys. Most of the WA were taken F8-11 and 1/125- 250. Havent quite got the hang of balancing not burning out the sunlight and having a nice blue yet. Will have a play with some of the photos as suggested and post up if i come up with anything worthwile!

cheers again

Nice, the thresher looks much better to my eye. You've lost the green cast I was seeing. I'd love to see a Thresher some day, such amazing animals.

Cheers,

Steve

Realy nice album, especialy like the "turtle marsa alam takeII 2009"!

Keep shooting

Cheers

Alex

Cheers all

Great photos. Hope I can achieve some good shots like these when I finally get a dslr. All I can say is, keep enjoying, it's a wonderful world down there.

Deb

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements