Sign in to follow this  
Thierrydec

How to get more color in my pic?

Hi,

I am an absolute beginner in OW-photography and I was wondering how I could get more yellow into my pic! Any advice? The pic is taken with a Oly C5050 and PT 15 housing.

Settings were:

- Flash: off

- Marco: off

- Shutter Speed: 1/320 sex

- Aperture F2.3

- ISO: 64

A heavily compressed version of all of my other pics can bee seen @ My Webpage

You should use image processing software such as Photoshop pro, painshop pro ACDSEE etc.

Play with the exp levels and learn how to use it.

Remember that not all colors can be restored.

And Use the flash underwatter it is almost mandatory othetrwise you won't have any red colors in your pictures.

Hi,

I am an absolute beginner in OW-photography and I was wondering how I could get more yellow into my pic! Any advice? The pic is taken with a Oly C5050 and PT 15 housing.

Settings were:

- Flash: off

- Marco: off

- Shutter Speed: 1/320 sex

- Aperture F2.3

- ISO: 64

A heavily compressed version of all of my other pics can bee seen @ My Webpage

You need to shoot with a strobe if you didn't, or work on your placement and distance, if you did.

The posted params seem kind of weird (f2.3, 1/320 at iso 64).

Its not quite possible to fully fix this kind of color error in photoshop without it looking fake and without huge amounts of work. here's a quick try that makes the coral look somewhat believable, but the green spots and blue sand are still off:

External strobe on an articulated strobe is mandatory unless you are within 10 ft. of the surface. The water will filter out all color. Remember it also does this if you are shooting vertically even if you are in very shallow water.

I think "mandatory" is a bit too strong, Dave. The first step is to learn how to use what you've got, and then start learning what else you might use to your advantage. I have several examples of nicely exposed shots taken with the Olympus camera, Olympus housing, and no external strobe.

Adjust the settings so that the flash always fires.

Set the camera to macro mode.

Look for subjects that will fill the frame when shot from a range of 24 inches down to 8 inches. Shoot in that range until you are confident with your results.

While in this learning stage, shoot in manual mode with a shutter speed of 1/125 and an aperture of f5.6.

Shoot and review. If your shot is over or under exposed, adjust the flash compensation and/or the aperture.

Here are some examples from a C-2000 and a C-3030

nrshrkcl.jpg

fileclam.jpg

coz22crinoid.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements