Hi there.

Decided to format and load up Win 7 64bit pro on my 3.2 gig Quad here that has been running XP for some time.

So far here are my thoughts.

Installation was a breeze.

It boots up and shuts down faster.

Imported thousands of emails and my pop accounts from the old XP - Windows Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail no worries.

Desktop looks great over my 3 screens.

All programs that were running on XP that I have installed so far are up and running no problems including CS3 and EDIUS.

Photoshop and illustrator run much faster.

My graphics cards all work fine.

Got a few more things to load up yet buts its looking good.

post-4240-1271555657.jpg

Did you shoot that image -

The Wave is a long way from AU!

No that image comes with Win 7.

Even my Epson printer.... I just plugged it in and Win 7 had drivers for it.

Nothing has not worked yet?

I did crash it when EDIUS maxed out the overclocked processor and it overheated while rendering out a DVD.... time to turn on the air con.

It just rebooted in no time and away I was going again.

It opens up Canon 7D raw files instantly with the Canon software (Digital Photo Professional)

Windows media player fires up and plays the raw 7D mov files full screen no problems.

Have to see how CS5 goes when its out.

I run Windows 7 64bit now for 8 months on my Lenovo T61p notebook.

The change from 32 bit to 64 bit was completly painless and there where no issues,

all 32 bit software runs flawless in 32 bit mode, 64 bit software in 64 bit mode as supposed.

Big kudos to Lenovo for providing all necessary drivers in 64 bit!

The only "pain" is that IE is running in 64 bit but without flash because Adobe is not providing

a 64bit flash player.

I have also minor crashes of Firefox 3.6.3 but i feel that they are related to this version of FF.

64bt Adobe Creative Suite and Lightroom is a huge improvement over the 32bit version in terms of speed and memory management,

especially because 64bit OS can adress more than the famous 3gb memory barrier so you can have fun with 4-12gb memory...

Chris

Does this mean you updated from XP to Windows 7 directly? I have read that this is a difficult/time consuming task.

BS

Hi there.

Decided to format and load up Win 7 64bit pro on my 3.2 gig Quad here that has been running XP for some time.

So far here are my thoughts.

Installation was a breeze.

It boots up and shuts down faster.

Imported thousands of emails and my pop accounts from the old XP - Windows Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail no worries.

Desktop looks great over my 3 screens.

All programs that were running on XP that I have installed so far are up and running no problems including CS3 and EDIUS.

Photoshop and illustrator run much faster.

My graphics cards all work fine.

Got a few more things to load up yet buts its looking good.

post-4240-1271555657.jpg

Sponsors

Advertisements