Sign in to follow this  
Alex_Tattersall

UK diving !

Had a chilly 9 degree dive with a great group of UK divers yesterday on the south coast of the island. Lack of schooling fish and relatively poor vis meant focusing on macro textures and some of the many flabellina that were there, here's a couple of favourite shots taken with the D300s, 60mm macro and Nauticam housing. Hope you enjoy them, any feedback welcome :lol:

4549794527_4aaf1c736a_o.jpg

4550436824_c79e6e1944_o.jpg

4549799577_95bf84773a_o.jpg

4549799845_a05f87fd47_o.jpg

Wonderful Alex. 2 and 3 are very special. I love that type of image. One strobe? Thanks for braving the cool water and bringing them back to share.

Cheers,

Steve

thanks Alex, it's nice to see a taste of UK diving, I enjoyed them all, especially the last 3. It's nice to see a good shot of a nudie in it's environment.

Scott

I like the first one, but it seems everyone else prefers the others! Nice work, Alex.

Alex

I like the first, too, tho' I would have tried a vertical format if possible:

post-4522-1272209850.jpg

Tim

:lol:

Hey Alex

Great pictures-I like number 1 best, and actually prefer the original composition.

Whereabouts exactly?

Adam

Hey Alex

Great pictures-I like number 1 best, and actually prefer the original composition.

Adam

Same as that. I think the negative space works really well with the bright colours of the nudi.

Stew

I like the first, too, tho' I would have tried a vertical format if possible:

Tim

:lol:

Or you could try a square crop. Which would keep the pleasing diagonal angle on the nudi. Also we don't see many square images these days and it is nice to see them.

post-713-1272213892.jpg

I do think that there is too much black in the original (easily rectified with a crop) - particularly because it is on the side that the nudi is turning away from - if the nudi was turning towards the space it would give better balance with the black.

Alex

Thanks all,

I like the square crop too but never normally go for a square...

We were at the Mulberries near Selsey.

Is that a shore dive or a boat dive Alex?

Cheers,

Mark

We went on a boat dive from Wittering divers.

Not the RIB off Wittering Beach? I did that last summer, with twin 12s, deco gas and a camera. Never again...

Not the RIB off Wittering Beach? I did that last summer, with twin 12s, deco gas and a camera. Never again...

It was a RIB, but we launched from the pier at Itchenor, so pretty easy for loading up.

Where were you going with 12s and deco? Not the mulberries I hope :lol:

It was a RIB, but we launched from the pier at Itchenor, so pretty easy for loading up.

Where were you going with 12s and deco? Not the mulberries I hope :lol:

South of Wight, deep and metal...

Superb shot of the nudi Alex, (cant see the flickr photos you have up tho just the others)

I dived the Mulberries Saturday and saw the same nudi :) (i think!) I couldnt get as close as you did tho, thats fantastic! I'll get mine up later on in the week.

I found a hard boat with lift that goes off Selsey that picks you up in a landing craft and even supplies you with a packed lunch between 2 dives! Fantastic! We were his first divers to use his new lift, well recommend him

http://www.selsey-fish-trips.com/dive-trips.html

Anyone ionterested in being one of 8 divers with him, I can arrange it all if required, £360 for 8 divers (£45 each)

Nice pics! This almost makes me want to get out my dry suit from storage and get back into UK diving. Almost.

(Last time was at Capenwray in Jan 2009. Water an inspiring 2 degrees C and a gentle gale blowing directly from Siberia across the car park). I didn't think it was possible for a human to be so cold and still alive. Curiously though the Open Water students I was teaching seemed to enjoy it)

Rather than start another one on UK diving, can I add to this one Alex?

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements