ckchong

Calling Nauticam D90 user

Hi,

I just receive my housing to day and it look fantastic.

I find out my camera main command dial and mode dial do not function normally. The housing button just slightly touch the camera button only.

Do you have this problem? Any solution... 

The front dial on my Nexus housing does not engage when the housing back is not on but when the back is locked into place, there is then enough pressure on the camera for the dial connection to work properly. Perhaps your housing does the same? Just a thought...

I had a similar problem with my Mode dial when I first put it into the housing (Nauticam). I found that if I didn't push the camera on the tray all the way into the housing before locking it in place, all of the controls worked. It only needed to be about 0.5mm difference.

When the camera was correctly seated for all of the controls to work, the back of the tray lined up smoothly with the base of the housing. If I pushed the tray all the way in, there was a slight bump between the tray and the housing.

Good luck - Let us know if this sorts your problems.

James.

I had a similar problem with my Mode dial when I first put it into the housing (Nauticam). I found that if I didn't push the camera on the tray all the way into the housing before locking it in place, all of the controls worked. It only needed to be about 0.5mm difference.

When the camera was correctly seated for all of the controls to work, the back of the tray lined up smoothly with the base of the housing. If I pushed the tray all the way in, there was a slight bump between the tray and the housing.

Good luck - Let us know if this sorts your problems.

James.

I have try to adjust the tray but what happen is when the tray all the way in all the control in front of housing work prefectlly. Only the two dial at the back not working. I has try to adjust it slightly out to touch the main commend dail but front button not working....

Hahhaha just find out the answer. Is becouse off my camera LCD protector panel. Just remove the panel and it work great

I have try to adjust the tray but what happen is when the tray all the way in all the control in front of housing work prefectlly. Only the two dial at the back not working. I has try to adjust it slightly out to touch the main commend dail but front button not working....

I suspect there will be a "magic-point" where both front and rear controls will work - can you try putting a small piece of paper at the front of the tray, to control how much the tray is held back. You can fold the paper to make it thicker as needed.

You may also want to try putting the paper on one one side of the tray (left or right) to see if the plastic mount is not quite square relative to the camera controls.

Also, I found that the controls matched up better when I followed the user-guide and closed the 2 bottom latches together before the top one. Not sure if you're already doing this?

James.

This is very fine build housing. Just little unbalance level ( block by my LCD protector ) and this problem happen. As what I say:

JUST REMOVE YOUR LCD PROTECTOR WILL DO

hope this help

Bad day.... the problem still not yet slove....how ever remove the LCD protector, some time work but some time no. Some time work and lose contact agian. :lol:

Help help. Do your guys have any solution. The housing button just slightly touch the camera button. Look like my camera is not big enought to fix into housing

Sponsors

Advertisements