Chriso

I need to win a bet, what is the most popular DSLR

Nikon or Canon  

160 members have voted

1. 1. I shoot with

• Nikon
    • Canon

I hope I am not starting bickering between C&N fans again.

My personal opinion:

1. C has the best marketing but their entry level cemara and lenses are quite horrid, more bell and whistle for C but may end up useless like their ECF in film era.

2. N less marketing but engineered their product functionally and nicely even for entry level, I still feel N RGB metering is the best metering system that I ever use.

Well Nikon, obviously.

Do other people make cameras?

the other guys make photocopiers too. We have one at my work. It does everything but licks the envelope, but when it breaks down (regularly) we're stuffed.

Edited by scuba princess

I work in the entertainment industry so HD video capability is VERY important and Canon's decades of expertise in the professional video area clearly stands out with fast chips capable of 1920X1080 30P Full-HD or 720 60P (1920X1080 30P RAW and 60P are being developed) while Nikon's chips are too slow to handle even 720 30P, which is why Nikon only can offer 720 24P so far. Increasing numbers of movies and TV shows are being recorded yes with Canon dSLRs not professional camcorders because of the low-light low-noise capabilities. If one absolutely needs professional-level stills AND HD videos, there's only one choice right now and the difference in still quality is too tiny to tell even by most pros, but the video quality is not even close... :)

Edited by A.Y.

I work in the entertainment industry so HD video capability is VERY important and Canon's decades of expertise in the professional video area clearly stands out with fast chips capable of 1920X1080 30P Full-HD or 720 60P (1920X1080 30P RAW and 60P are being developed) while Nikon's chips are too slow to handle even 720 30P, which is why Nikon only can offer 720 24P so far. Increasing numbers of movies and TV shows are being recorded yes with Canon dSLRs not professional camcorders because of the low-light low-noise capabilities. If one absolutely needs professional-level stills AND HD videos, there's only one choice right now and the difference in still quality is too tiny to tell even by most pros, but the video quality is not even close... :)

I thought the DS3 and such were now 1920x1080, 30fps, 24fps? But yeah, canon is way ahead on the video curve and whats being used in the industry.

As far as the OP goes, the best DSLR is the one that gives you the results you are happiest with. Its like the chevy vs ford argument. It all comes down to preferences.

Although I will say that whoever designed the canon speedlight nomenclature should have his ass kicked, repeatedly.

I thought the DS3 and such were now 1920x1080, 30fps, 24fps?

Nikon D3s has 720 24p.

Sponsors

Advertisements