Alex_Mustard

Edge & Mustard On Underwater Photography

On Saturday 6th November 2010, Martin Edge and I will be presenting a special day long event in London "On Underwater Photography".

29849_10150193196715713_796325712_12497850_4529446_n.jpg

Martin and I will be the only speakers, and we feel we can create talks that neatly dovetail into each other and have time to discuss important points in detail and answer your questions. Basically do what we can to improve your photos. We plan to present both singly and in a unique two-man show, bouncing ideas of each other and not always agreeing!

For more information please download this PDF:

http://www.amustard.com/download/UWPday.pdf

Thanks to the generous sponsorship of hosts Cameras Underwater this event costs just £20 and therefore we expect it to be popular. I know that it is 6 months away, but please book early to avoid disappointment, capacity is limited.

Tickets can be booked directly from the Cameras Underwater website:

http://www.camerasunderwater.co.uk/store/p...roducts_id=1045

6th November 2010. Imperial College, London. £20. Let me know if you are coming!

Alex

p.s. Please feel free to tell your friends/dive buddies about the event. We want an audience of people who are really enthusiastic about their underwater photography!

Looks great Alex. Any chance of a podcast of it later on for those of us in the wrong side of the world?

It is a decent suggestion, Drew. But I am afraid not. It will be too long. Nobody is going to watch a hours of podcast. I think Eric's 15 minute TED talk was the perfect length for a podcast.

This will be quite a few hours.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Jarrett & myself are coming,can we get tickets from you??

If we can get them from you could we pick them up on the Red Sea Trip??

Thanks,

Andy :D

Edited by AndyBarker

Jarrett & myself are coming,can we get tickets from you??

If we can get them from you could we pick them up on the Red Sea Trip??

Hi Andy,

Nope. There is only one way to get tickets and that is via the website above. I am sure you have a few weeks as I don't expect it to sell out before it is announced in the diving press.

See you in Egypt.

Alex

Hi Andy,

Nope. There is only one way to get tickets and that is via the website above. I am sure you have a few weeks as I don't expect it to sell out before it is announced in the diving press.

See you in Egypt.

Alex

Hi Alex

I was up for it too, but having checked out the link you have to register with them as a customer - as if you were buying £££'s of equipment - and that involves quite a lot of personal info being entered onto their website purely to buy a ticket.

I've no idea if that was Andy's reason for his question, but tbh it's a concern for me: once bitten, twice shy I'm afraid.

R

Edited by ralphy

Just seen this. Sorry for the slow reply, Ralph.

I am afraid that is just their standard website buy software. Which is the same if you are buying o-ring grease or a full SLR setup. A lot of people who are coming will have bought something large or small from CU at some point in the past.

It is possible to buy a ticket by ringing them up - which will allow you to speak to a person and therefore ask them if they really need all that info.

Alex

A big thanks to all who have bought tickets and are coming. Especially from overseas. This will be the largest gathering of UW photographers I have been too in the UK and having just spent the last 24 hours with Martin doing final preparation, I am really excited to get cracking.

This link is to the final information. Those who have tickets should have already got this by email, but I thought I'd post it here, just in case.

Alex

I'll be there and I'm really excited by the format

Looks like it's going to be one hell of a good day

Can't wait

see you saturday

Nige Wade

Sound like a great event. Since it looks like it'll be a big success there, perhaps you and Martin can consider working it into your travel plans ad doing it a few times in the states as well(?), say in L.A. and NYC? :)

In any event, break a leg!

(Not sure if you Brits use that term, but it's akin to "good luck!" - not wishing you actual bodily injury...which would be rude...and we Yanks are never rude!) :)

Thanks guys.

Bruce, yep we use that term. And we might take it on the road. But only if we achieve what we hope with the dual presenter sections of the show (and we have very high hopes). I doubt we would travel with just a series of lectures - we want it to be something different and we feel/hope really special.

Martin and I never dive together but when we do meet up we have fantastic conversations on all aspects of underwater photography - and during those conversations so many really fascinating insights (to us, at least) into the process of UWP come up. Because we operate in isolation from each other - and have different photographic sensibilities - these discussions are not just two guys agreeing - but a lively debate. And the points that come up are always things we'd never think to put in standard talks, articles etc. The hope for the two man-show section of the event is to put that dynamic on stage and with participation of the audience have a fascinating conversation on the intricacies of what really makes the difference in classic and brand new techniques in underwater photography.

I am guess I am saying, watch this space!

Alex

Good luck with your presentation.

Wish I was there to see it and have a few pints after.

Todd

Hi all,

I'll be there, pen in hand, and plan to bring the highlights of Alex and Martin's talk to the Wetpixel front page very soon for those of you that can't make it.

Really looking forward to it.

Adam.

Good stuff, Adam.

I wasn't planning on taking a camera, so you might want to bring one to get some accompanying snaps.

I am excited to see how it all works out.

Alex

I'll be there, pen in hand, and plan to bring the highlights of Alex and Martin's talk to the Wetpixel front page very soon for those of you that can't make it.

Thanx in advance Adam!

I've just got home from the presentation, and I'm buzzing

I don't want to steal Adam Hanlon's thunder, but i will say "That's the best twenty quid I've ever spent"

Thank you Mr Edge & Dr Mustard for an awesome learning experience.

Nige.

Hi all,

Report of the talk is now on the front page here.

I agree Nige! I went home buzzing too!

Adam

What a great day. Martin and Alex make a great team, bouncing different ideas around, a real inspiration to underwater photographers.

Jo

Yes, absolutely fantastic presentation. We all thoroughly enjoyed it and brought home some exciting thoughts. The drive home was buzzing with all sorts of plans.

Thanks Alex and Martin

Tim & Fran

Inspirational in its content, funny, interesting and most of all, how incredibly fantastic to have all that knowledge and experience shared with such generosity of spirit.

Loved it all, big thanks!

Hi all,

Some more images from the event:

1080997647_PbS4p-M-1.jpg

1080997725_6ottj-M-1.jpg

1080998130_HCQiW-M-1.jpg

1080998276_ZgEhz-M-1.jpg

1080998382_xcEqB-M-1.jpg

1080998598_5snyo-M-1.jpg

1080998734_vWwJN-M-1.jpg

Enjoy!

Adam

Hey, I'll carry your bags and I won't try to sell you a Naughtycam... (Mr T finds it difficult to sell any more to me as I now have two. Well, two for me when CJ isn't looking... LOL). A milestone event. Very well done and huge thanks.

Had a great day out at this.

Very informative, interesting and light hearted. Hopefully it won't be the last one.

*doffs cap to Alex and Martin*

Looks like it's going to be one hell of a good day

Nige Wade

Nige, thanks for the heads up on this, I'd have missed it otherwise and it was damn good to see you again.

Sponsors

Advertisements