Sign in to follow this  
haring

NIMAR UNDERWATER HOUSING

I have looked around on the net for reviews for Nimar Housings for Canon or Nikon.

There are not too many...

Does anybody know anything about the company and their products? Should I buy one or should I buy an Ikelite?

Thanks,

Otto

I have looked around on the net for reviews for Nimar Housings for Canon or Nikon.

There are not too many...

Does anybody know anything about the company and their products? Should I buy one or should I buy an Ikelite?

Thanks,

Otto

IMO, since you are living in US, buy an Ikelite. Longer track record and reputation. I have used their products close to 40 years.

As good italian i don't like to talk bad about italian goods,

but i know very well one person whou bought a Nimar D40 housing.

he had it repaird at least 2 times, it leaked (only some drops) various times.

I never would invest any money in a Nimar housing.

Buy a Ikelite housing, they are well built, have a integrated TTL-Converter for the Ikelite strobes,

a good customer service and this for a reasonable price.

I have 2 Ikelite housings and never had any issue.

Chris

One Review

Just remember their motto:

"Not worried you if in water don't see it the Housing Nimar there is!!!!!"

Edited by scorpio_fish

Hello, I am well aware this conversation took place about two years ago. But I must say Nimar housings are not bad. I, personally, own one and so does my son. Our housings have never failed and we both are experienced Divers for a while and still use the same housings as we did in the beginning. Nimar has never failed us. What I mean by that is, it's never flooded or cracked. Although I've dropped the housing quite a few times. I enjoy having a clear housing rather than an aluminum case(it's better don't get me wrong) but I clear because I can see, just in case, if my housing floods. I DO NOT want my baby to get wet.

I've heard good things about ikelite, I'm not trying talk bobo. Just letting you folks now they aren't bad at all. Look at Pipin the famous world Diver he used and still is using Nimar as his first choice in housings.

Here's a picture of Pipin, idk if you know him but he's a pretty awesome

24ot739.jpg

7kuw.jpg

34zf481.jpg

The same tread was spammed in several forums in Scubaboard in the last months.

To keep the peace here i avoid to express my personal meaning about publicizing a product this way...

Chris

I use Nimar housing for Nikon D7100 guys. I am really impressed. i dont know what you say, they may fixed their quality or.. i dont know what but it is an amazing option for the money that you pay. i think it worths more than ikelite except if you want to use the easy TTL option...

Hi guys,

I´m really happy with my UW case Nimar for nikon D90, I bought this case few years ago and I was really happy, the case looks really stronger and secure than the Ikelite, I only changed it because I got an amazing offer of a Hugyfot D90 housing!! but still I use my Nimar from time to time...

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements