Sign in to follow this  
ckchong

Why my photo look different????!!!

hi, this is my 1st time using d90 for u/w shooting. When I shoot at u/w every thing is look ok from my LCD screen " as what I want " but when I down load to my computer my jpg totally look different "under explore" and I open my raw file even worse?

Do I need to set any time from my camera?

Make sure that your LCD is set for normal brightness and make sure that you colour balance is set to whatever type of light that you are using.

At depth, the LCD might look brighter than it really is, dark surroundings. This would fool you for exposure. Use the histogram.

Do some dry land tests to confirm. Then take those photos and look at them with your computer and on someone else's computer. Your photos might be first rate and your computer is out of wack!

Have you calibrated your monitor? That might be worthwhile.

You cannot use the camera's LCD to judge exposure.

(turn the LCD illumination to minimum gives you a very slightly better idea of exposure)

Instead use the RGB and combined histograms to determine if you have correct exposure. (histograms crashing in to the righthand side are over exposed, crashing into lefthand side are under exposed, there are no ideal histograms.)

for wide angle:

Red = flash exposure

Green = ambient light (in most temperate waters)

Blue = ambient light (in most tropical waters)

Balancing strobe and ambient light can be tricky.

Get used to shooting in manual mode. (most, if not all, cameras make very dumb mistakes when shooting underwater in program mode)

Have a start point

i.e., ISO100, f/8, 1/30s, strobes at 50%

and adjust from there depending on conditions and which way you are pointing the camera relative to ambient light direction.

To adjust red histogram: adjust strobe power, adjust strobe distance to subject, or add diffuser to strobe.

To adjust green/blue histogram: adjust shutter speed (higher = darker, lower = lighter)

You may have to increase ISO if you dive deeper.

Also, use the "blinky blacks" to look out for highlight over exposure.

Take Care,

ChrisS

hi, this is my 1st time using d90 for u/w shooting. When I shoot at u/w every thing is look ok from my LCD screen " as what I want " but when I down load to my computer my jpg totally look different "under explore" and I open my raw file even worse?

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements