ckchong

What Rechargeable Battery to buy?

Hi, thinking to buy a Rechargeable Battery use on my SnS 110a strobe. Any recomend?

Sanyo eneloop batteries.

Nickel Zinc batteries. Recycles about 30-40% faster. Doesn't last as long as a 2700mah (my guess it's about 2100mah or so but you get to fire faster! :)

Been using Maha Power Ex 2700 NiMH for the past 4 yrs with generally good results. Just changed to Sanyo 2700 (which also have good reviews) for comparison. Either brand should be good. Since my S&S 110 or 27's recycle pretty fast at 1/2 power, I prefer more capacity. I'm good for 700-800 flashes per charge. Usually shooting macro. Eneloops retain charge for much longer, but since I always charge batteries 1-2 days before use, they offer no advantage to me.

Edited by jcclink

+1 for Eneloops. Never had a problem with them in my S&S strobes. I have 6 sets that I rotate between my two strobes.

My experiences with other rechargeables (Energizer & Duracell) have had them leak into the battery compartment.

Been using Maha Power Ex 2700 NiMH for the past 4 yrs with generally good results. Just changed to Sanyo 2700 (which also have good reviews) for comparison. Either brand should be good. Since my S&S 110 or 27's recycle pretty fast at 1/2 power, I prefer more capacity. I'm good for 700-800 flashes per charge. Usually shooting macro. Eneloops retain charge for much longer, but since I always charge batteries 1-2 days before use, they offer no advantage to me.

Good info.............

I've just used four sets of four Eneloops between two Inon strobes (each uses 4 batteries) for the last 12 months shooting every day. No problems at all.

I use Ansmann "Eneloop"-type AAs without trouble, cycling sets through my Inon Z240s. I haven't noticed a difference with my one set of "true" Eneloop batteries.

Tim

:B):

I use Ansmann "Eneloop"-type AAs without trouble, cycling sets through my Inon Z240s. I haven't noticed a difference with my one set of "true" Eneloop batteries.

Tim

:B):

There are some very noticeable differences between the various types of low internal discharge (eneloop type) batteries and the Ansmann are quite good as we have tested them.

On a different point, you should be a bit careful with the NiZn battteries. Inon has recommended against them and on two occasions last month in the Philippines I had left batteries in an Inon s2000 strobe in overnight. Opening them up in the morning, as soon as the screw cap was off, the battery holder shot off with remarkable speed (hurt like hell whene it hit my hand). So be careful. After that I took them out overnight and had no issues. Don't have as much capacity as the eneloops (the marketing guys talk power not current capacity mW not mAh so at the higher voltage they look about 30% better than they really are) but they sure do charge fast.

Bill

I've just used four sets of four Eneloops between two Inon strobes (each uses 4 batteries) for the last 12 months shooting every day. No problems at all.

And here i am thinking you did some work... Diving everyday, sheesh!

+1 for eneloops.

I am also in the market for some new AA ones. Up to now I used 3200 mah AA ones. The Eneloops seem to have less capacity.

3200 readlly can use, on my sns menu just recomend 2700 only. It is save to use?

3200 readlly can use, on my sns menu just recomend 2700 only. It is save to use?

I'm sorry, I dont understand what you are asking. I used the Maxx energy 3200 AA batteries in a DS-51 Ikelite Strobe

Sponsors

Advertisements