redbro18.jpg

redbro21.jpg

redbro25.jpg

redbro28.jpg

redbro37.jpg

redbro38.jpg

Edited by Jim Breakell

Great pics mate. Well done.

Quick shark question... I've been considering a trip over that way, with one of the main reasons to dive with oceanic white-tips. Did you see any or are they not as common as I have been led to believe?

Nice silky pic, he looks very close!

Great pics mate. Well done.

Quick shark question... I've been considering a trip over that way, with one of the main reasons to dive with oceanic white-tips. Did you see any or are they not as common as I have been led to believe?

Nice silky pic, he looks very close!

Hi Luke

Thanks!

We saw one oceanic white tip while diving, at Little Brother. It was only about 6-7ft long. It swam past us, but some distance away, near the surface. I know people have often seen 3 or 4 at the Brothers and also Elphinstone on a single dive, but from what I understand the sightings at Elphinstone are becoming less frequent, as there are now not only plenty of liveaboards going there but also day boats from the Marsa Alam area. I did 2 dives at Elphinstone and didn't see a shark of any description on either dive.

We also saw a couple of oceanics on the surface at night meandering around the boat at the Brothers.

I suspect it's very much luck of the draw with oceanics!

Jim

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements