Scubysnaps

Fish ID app for iPhone

I've been looking around for a fish ID app for my iPhone, but not really got a good one, does anyone know of one? If not, wouldn't this be a good idea for someone in the know to create one!?

I've been looking around for a fish ID app for my iPhone, but not really got a good one, does anyone know of one? If not, wouldn't this be a good idea for someone in the know to create one!?

I recently did a seminar on automated coral reef benthic imaging - I'm sure coral would be a little more difficult to classify from photos but it would still..

Wait are you talking about automated imaging classication?

Haha if not then, yes it is a good idea :D

Have you looked at this one?

http://www.macworld.com/appguide/app.html?id=370006

The I-phone app. Reef Fish Florida and the caribbean has just been relesaed. It is broken down by fish families has over 444 photos and video of some animels along with useful information about how to I.D. each subject. The app. is $4.99 to download and the images are full screen.

It has a very wide range of the most common aminals seen in these areas.

Phil Rudin

Sponsors

Advertisements