Grayscale

Small WARNING for D80, Ikelite and B&H Photo

This might concern those of you who bought an Ikelite D80 from B&H photo.

B&H list the o-ring set 5512.68 as an accessory for the D80 housing. THIS IS WRONG

The 5512.68-set includes a port o-ring (#0105) that fits, but the body o-ring (#0132.59) is too small and is supposed to be used for the D70!

The o-ring #0132.61 will fit the D80 and is listed as an extra accessory, but is not in the o-ring set.

I bought two of those sets when I got my gear. And thankfully I've never needed to change o-ring.

It even took me a while to discover that it didn't fit, because when I got everything; I just checked I got all the parts I ordered, took the one supplied with the housing and stored the extra o-rings I bought in ziplock bags to use if/when needed. Really nice if I were to discover this when I actually would need them. Like out on a liveaboard...

You could think a well known company like B&H would get thier info straight.

I've contaced B&H about this and I'm waiting for their answer.

Now I've bought two of the correct o-rings from another store.

Grayscale

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll check this out and if correct we'll update our site ASAP.

B&Hphoto is usually the best, and it appears they still are. Thanks for helping us and them.

Edited by Don in Colorado

Wow, responded inside of 2 hours, on a weekend no less.

If it was an error, that's certainly classy in terms of responsiveness!

Wow, responded inside of 2 hours, on a weekend no less.

If it was an error, that's certainly classy in terms of responsiveness!

Just a small addition to this subject since I had a discussion about this type of things at home. It was actually 14 hours it took to answer that, not 2 hours. And I even mailed them almost 10 months earlier with an angry letter about this problem. Then they didn't care at all. I really wonder how some of the big stores think...

Sponsors

Advertisements