Sign in to follow this  
BC-SeaDragon

Once upon a time in Mexico

Hi All,

Here is a short video of Cancun, Cozumel and a cenote called "The Pit". I put it together pretty quick just to try out CS5 and it still needs some TLC but please let me know what you think be it good or bad for this is a newer hobby and I am always looking for advice/suggestions. There is a few shots that I need to color correct and a couple on the night dives that were ruined by other passenger lights but hope you enjoy!

Shot with a Sony XR-500/L&M Stingray G2+/Sunray 1200's

Thanks

Kelly

Once upon a time in Mexico

[vimeohd]13102642[/vimeohd]

Kelly,

Nice video. I especially liked the floating, timeless quality in the caverns.

I think the first part of the film would benefit from using the curves filter in PP CS5- especially bringing down the blacks. You will see the footage pop by bringing down the darks a little and slightly boosting the highs.

Here is a video I shot recently in Cozumel that was flat until I did a little correction: http://vimeo.com/13406715

[vimeohd]13406715[/vimeohd]

Your choice of music was excellent and fit the subject well.

Will

Kelly,

I think your video is beautiful. There are a a couple of shots that might benefit from a little color correction, but overall it is simply gorgeous. I don't have a lot of UW photo experience, but I have been to the cenotes. When I was there the weather was overcast and I missed the spectacular play of light that you caught in your video. Your first shot of the endlessly long shaft of light that illuminates the bottom of the cavern reveals the clarity of the water in a unique way. It made me want to go back and shoot it all over again. Very nicely done.

Randall

Thanks for the reply

I have yet to mess around with the CS5 CC but will def give it a try with the first few shots and see how it comes out. Some of the cenote shots turned out great but it still does not do justice for amazing sensation of being in them. By far the closest to flying I have ever been due to the clarity of the water!!!

Thanks Again,

Kelly

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements