Sign in to follow this  
jtresfon

Sardine Run 2010...

I arrived back yesterday from a week at Port St. Johns on the Wild Coast (Transkei, South Africa) having been to the Sardine Run. The trouble with doing only one week is that there is not much latitude for error, but luckily it was a memorable week. The weather was good, the sardines were a bit scarce but there were a few about, and there were also plenty of other baitfish (red-eye, mackerel & shad). The visibility was fair to poor (a murky 5m most of the time). I will do a proper trip report when I have had time to sort through all the images but here is a teaser in the interim...

post-2915-1278578474.jpg

post-2915-1278578492.jpg

post-2915-1278579098.jpg

post-2915-1278578542.jpg

Thanks again to the opposition (Drew, Colin & Picky), the crew (Stevie, Brock, Morne, Yvette, Mark, Don & Tim), the landlords (John & Kathryn) and everyone else that made the week so memorable.

Regards

Jean.

Great series I really like the first dolphin one and also the shot of the dolphin jumping its so sharp.

Now that is a productive week-great pictures!

Thanks for putting them up!

Adam

Positively stunning!! Looks like you hit it just right, and nailed the opportunity to boot. Congrats!

Faaaantastic Jean! I'll be in SA in 2 weeks, excitement building!

Edited by loftus

Wow, that must have been a great experience. Definitely on my to-do list. Great photo's!

incredible shots!!! the last one of the shark below the baitball backlit by the sun is beautiful!

the whale and the second to last (bird) are amazing. Great job

A great mixed bag. Cant wait to read the report and see the rest of the keepers.

Stew

I have to chime in too Jean, wonderful images. Congrats on maiking spectacular use of the opportunity.

Cheers,

Steve

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Very cool Jean!! I like them all, alltough the second shot is like ripped out from a storybook - amazing.

More please :notworthy:

Cheers

Karel

Jean, was the last one the bird that hit me in the back?

How can you tell? The one that hit me had a dragon tattoo on the left cheek. :crazy:

wauwww...you were definitely more lucky than we were. We went to the wild coast (further south) and had bad viz and not too much action....

pdemaagt, where we were is the wild coast. Where were you? Coffee Bay, Wavecrest or Kei?

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements