okuma

Philippine Air

Any one used PAL out of LA recently and what was the carry on baggage experience?

Thanks

They didn't care much about carry on in the big airplane for the international flight, but if you are taking internal flights in the Philippines be prepared to use a lot of sweet talk to get your carry on into the plane. At first they told me the max carry-on weight was 5kg in domestic flights, but after talking to the supervisor I was able to board with my carry-on that weighs close to 12kg and contains my housing and camera...

Any one used PAL out of LA recently and what was the carry on baggage experience?

Thanks

If you're paranoid for weight, consider joining the Mabuhay Sports Club >> https://www.mabuhaymiles.com:443/sportsplus...ts/benefits.jsp << we did this for our trip and it enabled us to claim 1 bag for dive gear, and did not count towards luggage limits.. also allowed us to shop for a bit of goods while we were there.

I think you can use it for domestic purposes as well, but read the fine print.

If you're paranoid for weight, consider joining the Mabuhay Sports Club >> https://www.mabuhaymiles.com:443/sportsplus...ts/benefits.jsp << we did this for our trip and it enabled us to claim 1 bag for dive gear, and did not count towards luggage limits.. also allowed us to shop for a bit of goods while we were there.

I think you can use it for domestic purposes as well, but read the fine print.

Hi,

how did you manage to buy the Mabuhay Sports Club Card in Ausralia? My information is, you could buy it only in PAL ticket-offices, but here in Germany, there is none.

regards

Thomas

Thom,

You contact the Mabuhay Miles office and they will email a credit card authorization form to you. The Sportsplus package works in teirs, so you get the International option and it's good for all flights, including inter-island ones. However if you fly to Manila via another carrier, you can just buy the cheaper domestic one for $30. However if your originating international flight is on PAL, the agent (or PAL) can extend the international baggage limits to your domestic portion as well.

Not a travel agent, but just booked my group going to Leyte this November.

Stu

Sponsors

Advertisements