29 members have voted

1. 1. Where are they best for piccies!?

• Bahamas
    • Palau
    • Sudan
    • South Africa
    • Deep South Red Sea
    • Somewhere else, where?

Please help me find the best place to go for shark photos, I'm hoping to go at the end of April 2011 to somewhere like the above but trying to keep costs right down by maybe going on not the most prestigious liveaboard. I dont want to go in a cage, neither do I want to snorkel in the shallows with them. I dont mind the baiting aspect if that gives the best pics, I just want to be on the thick of them!

I am trying to find somewhere for a week with flights for around £2500 max from London, but again, it depends what I a getting, all I wanna do is get wet and snap snap snap

Edited by Scubysnaps

The path to your treasure starts here Paul.

Just make sure you're the one doing the snapping. :)

Have fun,

Steve

Thanks Steve, didn't see any dates on their schedule that suited, but still pinged them.

Has anyone experienced Blackbeards for photography?

If you want to be "in the thick of them", then a shark feed would be your best choice. Stuart Coves in the Bahamas does one every afternoon or there is another daily feed off Rotan Island in Honduras. These are with Caribbean Reef Sharks. For a real adrenalin rush with Bull, Tiger and Lemon Sharks I would suggest a Shear Water live-a-board with Jim Abernethy.

How about Beqa Lagoon in Fiji?

I wish!!!.. Mike and Dave!!! :) , for £2500 all in!?

Edited by Scubysnaps

Hey up, its the same place as Stevie W mentioned above which i replied t'

How about Beqa Lagoon in Fiji?

Hi Mke,

I didn't realise this could be within my budget, I'm looking into it at the mo'

Hi Mke,

I didn't realise this could be within my budget, I'm looking into it at the mo'

Galapagos. /thread

Given your budget and time frame, I'd say South Africa is your best bet. Airfare should be under 1k quid leaving you with 1500 quid for maybe 7-10 days of shark dives. You have 3 main species to shoot, G. Cuvier, C. Limbatus and Taurus (just in between seasons but you still get them) and the occasional C. Obscurus and Brachyurus.

Conditions aren't often as sexy as Bahamas or South Pacific (viz) and similar to the North Pacific (Cocos).

I won't recommend any operators a. I disapprove of the activity and b. because I know all of them and they're all similar in structure.

I did ok with my budget on the Dolphin Dream at the Bahamas

Edited by Scubysnaps

Like anything else, it depends upon what species of shark you want to see. My vote is for the Cocos Islands,Costa Rica where Steve Williams is going to let me try his Canon 5 D ;-)

Steve

Galapagos. Schools of Hammers, Silky's, Galapagos and the occasional whale shark; I don't think anyplace in the world can boast a higher density of sharks-per-dive.

To me Jardines de la Reina: Silky's, Caribbean, Great Hammerhead, Whale shark, nurse shark, crocs and easy dive conditions. Good price and exelent service.

X

To me Jardines de la Reina: Silky's, Caribbean, Great Hammerhead, Whale shark, nurse shark, crocs and easy dive conditions. Good price and exelent service.

X

Carlos, now you've just irritated me :good: I really, really wish the US government would get it's act together and lift the ban on travel to Cuba.

JP

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements