Sign in to follow this  
Bora_Horza

Indonesia pics and video

Hi everyone,

I’ve recently returned from a diving holiday to Indonesia, visiting Alor, Maumere and Komodo. Thought I’d share a few pics I took out there, and a video I put together from the clips I took in Komodo. These were taken using a Canon A570 IS.

Diving Indonesia 2010 - flickr

I had a lot of fun - just wish I was still out there! Happy diving all :)

Nice photos and video! Alor is high on my list. How would you compare the diving there with Komodo?

Alor is high on my list. How would you compare the diving there with Komodo?

Komodo vs Alor - mmm, same same but different. From my impressions, both great marine diversity hotspots with strong currents, beautiful corals, etc, so in that respect similar. But you do seem to see different critters in each region (or whats common in one area is 'rare' in the other). I did daytrip diving into Komodo, so visited the central & northern part of the park, generally warmer water (28°C or so) and saw mantas, whitetips, etc (which I did'nt see in my visit to Alor).

While in Alor I dived both warmer waters and cooler waters (24°C) which had different smaller critters, plus I saw a mola mola, some wobbegongs, and a glimpse of a hammerhead (which are rarely seen in Komodo). Maybe I saw more pelagics and bigger fish around Komodo, but more interesting smaller things around Alor. (Of course, if you're on a liveaboard in Komodo you can also visit the cooler waters in the south of the park, and see the different critters in that area..) I'd say visit both regions, they compliment each other nicely!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements