Sign in to follow this  
pennyjlat

Shark Shootout

I like the second one Penny, nice eye contact.

Steve

Some nice reef sharks, but, excuse my ignorance, what makes a "shark shootout"?

Is it a competition? Are the sharks chummed? Do other species get involved?

Tim

:unsure:

thanks! and i guess it was a shark shootout cuz there was fish bait in the water and thats all i shot for a few days.

I imagine you went diving with the Turks & Caicos Aggressor or the Explorer.

Did you knew that shark feeding is not allowed in the Turks & Caicos?

I imagine you went diving with the Turks & Caicos Aggressor or the Explorer.

Did you knew that shark feeding is not allowed in the Turks & Caicos?

was not feeding actually. was a metal container with holes that used the scent to attract the sharks. no feeding

I'm saying this because in the last couple of years we have seen that the reef sharks are getting much closer to the divers on a few dive sites in West Caicos and French Cay.

Some of the dive operators here on the islands are not very happy with what the live aboards are doing to attract the sharks.

was not feeding actually. was a metal container with holes that used the scent to attract the sharks. no feeding

That makes me really angry. As an ex-dive guide from the T&Cs I'd just like to stick my two cents in. The T&Cs took the decision not to allow shark feeding and chumming and whether you're pro or anti-shark feeding/chumming that should be respected. If we divers can't follow the local enviromental protection rules then what rights do we have to complain when others don't. Also - this sort of thing gives divers a bad rep on the islands and it's not fair on all the other operators who follow the rules. (On our boats we didn't even allow fruit skins or biscuit crumbs over the side of the boat).

If people want to feed sharks then they should go to the Bahamas instead.

Edited by wizbowes

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements