Sign in to follow this  
AndyC

Tulamben, any advice?

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a week or so away in January 2011.

I have seen some good deals to Tulamben, Bali. I'm looking for any advice you may have with regard to weather at that time, diving, where to stay or are there better places in the area?

Or anything else you think is important.

Cheers Andy.

Tulamben linky - there was a thread on this a few weeks ago. Not sure if it covered the weather though. I enjoyed Tulamben, and was very happy with Tulamben Wreck Divers.

Tulamben linky - there was a thread on this a few weeks ago. Not sure if it covered the weather though. I enjoyed Tulamben, and was very happy with Tulamben Wreck Divers.

Missed that one!

Thanks for the link.

Andy.

Stayed with Tulamben Wreck Divers last year. Very nice little place in the center of the village. Very affordable prices. Across the street from the Liberty wreck, and the women carry all your gear for you, balanced atop their head. Good choice.

Quite like Scuba Seraya, which is a small beachfront resort with good macro diving. More expensive.

Stayed with Tulamben Wreck Divers last year. Very nice little place in the center of the village. Very affordable prices. Across the street from the Liberty wreck, and the women carry all your gear for you, balanced atop their head. Good choice.

Quite like Scuba Seraya, which is a small beachfront resort with good macro diving. More expensive.

Yeah! looking at scuba seraya. Looks nice, I have a good deal with them,but having checked out the link http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36718c it seems January is not the best time of year,( rough seas, poor viz). I'm thinking of rescheduling for October 2011.

Cheers Andy.

January isn't always bad. You just get a bit more rain. The waves pick up but can also do so in Oct. That's when you want to dive from a boat because you don't have to deal with a surf entry on those smooth pebbled beaches with crashing waves, camera in hand.

Just spent a week at Tulamben Wrecks Divers and can highly reccommend them. Excellent accommodation and first rate diving opperation and very well priced.

Karl

Edited by Karl

Hi,

I have seen some good deals to Tulamben, Bali. I'm looking for any advice you may have with regard to weather at that time, diving, where to stay or are there better places in the area?

Cheers Andy.

Hi Andy, I have recently updated the location pages on my site www.indopacificimages.com with several dedicated pages on the Tulamben area and Bali scuba diving in general.

Here are the links:

Scuba Diving in Bali: http://www.indopacificimages.com/index.php...diving-in-bali/

Tulamben Bay: http://www.indopacificimages.com/index.php...i-tulamben-bay/

The Liberty Wreck: http://www.indopacificimages.com/index.php...-liberty-wreck/

Seraya Secrets: http://www.indopacificimages.com/index.php...seraya-secrets/

There are also pages on the East Coast, Puri Jati & Secret Bay etc if you are interested. I will be in the Tulamben area myself in January so let me know if I can help...

Don

I will be flying out for Bali this time next week. A group of us from the local dive shop are heading to Tulamben for a few days, so really looking forward to it!

We are staying at Tauch Terminal and have 6 nights there, then a boat trip to Nusa Penida on the way back to Kuta before a couple of days there to relax before heading home.

This is my first time top Bali and also my first tropical water dive trip, so looking forward to water temps over 20 deg c!

I went to Tauch Terminal twice in March. I thought they were very good. A really nice resort and a good diving operation. Nitrox for free. I'm sure you will have a great time.

Hi,

Cheers Andy.

Hi Andy,

I stayed & dived with libery dive resort / liberty wreck divers in Jul'10 for 10 days. Can't think of anything negative about them. Good deals on stay & diving. Nitrox was free. Very courteous & professional staff. Excellent dive guides. Two of them were specially helpful for macro photography. They really enjoyed locating & pointing out various shrimps, pygmy seahorses, frog fish, nudis et al. Also, see if you can include day dive trips to Ahmed (30-40mins drive), some excellent drift dives, a shallow wreck & one very good site for macro (Leipa) as well.

Jan isnt the best time to dive there, but if I'm not mistaken apart from Nov/Dec, diving is pretty much all year round.

Cheers!

Apu

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements