Karl

Act of Vandalism

During my recent dive trip to Tulamben Bali we were diving the 'Drop Off' when I came across this large sponge - it was about 1m across - but what I noticed more was that some idiots had decided to scratch their names as well as their undying love for each other into it. I can't begin to understand why some people would do such a stupid and sensless act.

Anyway decided to bring it to everyones attention in the hope we can stop future acts of stupidity :D

Sorry about the dodgy quality of the photo.

Karl

10-08-10%20-%2018.jpg

I can't begin to understand why some people would do such a stupid and sensless act.

There have been some other threads in the past where people have images like yours, some person carving things into coral and the rest.

My thoughts? Well if I expressed them, the words would be censored. Stupid and senseless would be WAY too kind for what I think. Good job in calling attention to this. When diving there will be people who do not understand. We all need to teach them. I had a friend who came back with a shell found at depth. I explained the issues. They were VERY distraught. It will not happen again. Of course, someone who carves initials into things like that, they need more training. I suggest electrodes.

In my country, the culprit will get jail the rotan (cane).

Sponsors

Advertisements