Sign in to follow this  
Drew

Samyang 14mm 2.8 : Any one try it yet?

Anyone try this lens yet? Behind what dome? Extension? Or do I have to be the experiment?

Samyang 14mm f2.8

Hmmm manual aperture control.

Anyone try this lens yet? Behind what dome? Extension? Or do I have to be the experiment?

Samyang 14mm f2.8

Hmmm manual aperture control.

Hi,

I have yet to put my SLR in an enclosure and dive with it. But I do own the Samyang 14mm lens and shoot it on land with my 5DII. I can tell you it's a spectacular lens. I also have the 17-40 and the 14mm blows it away in corner sharpness and lacking any CA whatsoever.

I'm sure you could pick a hyperfocal and dive - it's impossible to focus through the viewfinder as everything always looks in focus. I use the 10x live view. Pick an aperture (f8+) and you'll have a pretty deep hyperfocal and treat it as focus free.

And let me know how it goes!

-Josh

Anyone used the 8mm yet? I'm off wrecking next month and this could potentially be an amazing lens for that. If anyone has used it yet then any tips on focus and vignette issues would be appreciated!

Cheers, Simon

Any experices of the Samyang/Rokinon 14mm since this thread started?

It seems that it should be possible to put this behind a dome, or would it be impractical with the manual focus?

It has a minimum focus distance of 28cm which would indicate it could work behind a large dome, right?

Rgds

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements