ramaroodle

Input on "output" wanted

I like Vegas Pro more than FCP. There. I said it so don't hate me. I've used Vegas since it was Sonic Foundry Acid and can use it in my sleep. I'm just too old and lazy to learn and then try and retain the shortcuts and keystrokes that it takes to move quickly through FCP. I have both, but prefer Vegas and have it loaded on my MBP in Parallels.

My other reason for using the Windows 7 platform is that using Live Movie Maker to upload to Youtube is just too easy. No settings to mess with. Just hit the publish button and it's up in HD. I've tried at least 10 different combinations and encodes but WLMM looks just as good as any of the other formats. I sent some stills to Animoto while I edited avchd right out of the camera into Movie Maker. The animoto video was done by the time I finished editing the video from a dive and this whole video was edited and up on Youtube in less than an hour.

Not pro-quality but not bad for having it up only 2 hrs after the dive. I use vegas for more complex edits.

My question is, what is the best way to output video from Vegas for people using FCP (or any other program) to use. I import avchd directly onto the Vegas timeline from my Canon HG10 and I currently use the Main Concept settting to output an mp4 file after doing all of my editing and synching. (plus I love Vegas's multicam editing and after just reading eric's review of Plural Eyes another big pain is handled.) I use TMGEnc when I want to encode an avi file or something that doesn't seem to like Vegas or FCP. I've noticed that some avi files from older cameras don't like to bring audio when importing directly but will hbe fine if I encode it first.

Am I making work for myself? Suggestions?

Andy

Andy

Are you asking which file format is best for inter-OS/app systems? For FCP, quicktime is easiest and Vegas Pro handles it.

I'd run Vegas in Boot Camp vs Parallels. It's much faster in native operation.

Andy

Are you asking which file format is best for inter-OS/app systems? For FCP, quicktime is easiest and Vegas Pro handles it.

I'd run Vegas in Boot Camp vs Parallels. It's much faster in native operation.

Thanks for the reply. I guess what I'm asking is what format should I give to someone who is going to use it in a FCP project witout losing much quality.

I do run Vegas and PS in Bootcamp but have it loaded in parallels too. Much faster in Bootcamp.

Well, I know many people who exchange either uncompressed 10 or 8 bit or use intermediate codecs like Avid's DNXHD.

Sponsors

Advertisements