loftus

Nikon P7000

I wonder if the Smile Timer will work with Fish :)

Cheers,

Jim.

Yeah, Fantasea has a housing well underway. Ikelite probably will, probably others; 10Bar, maybe Nauticam.

Jack

The long ratio 7X zoom ratio lens will make it difficult if not impossible to use external accessory lenses, bummer. Nice looking camera though, too bad on the long zoom lens.

Edited by crawdad

From the specs, the P7000 looks even more compelling than the Canon G12. I am surprised that Canon did not make a marked improvement over the G11 with the G12 and leave the P7000 as something a lot too late to the party. Similarily Canon did the same with the S90 to S95, just a small adjustment, but nothing that stands out. To be fair, Nikon could have done so much more even with the P7000 (which has its shortcomings) and doesn't completely blow away the G11/12 but Nikon really needed it. Nikon has had such shortcomings on the Coolpix side of things for the last SEVERAL years until now, until finally the P7000 which has any real promise. Its a much larger step for Nikon, and well overdue. Unless I'm missing something and if the performance holds up to the specs, the P7000 looks to have trumped the G11 & the new G12. Perhaps Canon has another surprise? The G12 really seems very ho-hum as any move forward from the G11.

Sponsors

Advertisements