tdc

GF1 - Seatool - Galapagos.... shortly ;-)

Well, here I am, chilling in Miami waiting for my flight to Guayaquil and on to the Galapagos, armed with my new GF1 and Seatool Housing. I was pondering for a long time on whether to get it, but all the favorable reviews here made me make the plunge (and of course Ryan's good advice over at Reef Photo Video). I'm moving up from my LX3 in a 10Bar housing. From my brief experimentation, the new housing is much more ergonomic than the old one. I just need to get used to using fixed ports and lenses instead of the wet mount ones... But over all, the gear seems to be lighter now that I don't have all the wet mount lenses to go with it. My friend I'm going with was so impressed with the Seatool rig that he bought the same setup.

I decided to bring my strobes along too, although we may shoot a bit without. I am also planning on doing a bunch of video. Hopefully I can share my experience with you all when I'm back!

tdc

Oh, and I meant to ask, why are all the micro-fourthirds postings in digicams and not DSLRs. Don't they share more in common with DSLRs than digicams? Splitting hairs :-)

tdc

Well, here I am, chilling in Miami waiting for my flight to Guayaquil and on to the Galapagos,...

Have a great adventure. I'll look forward to seeing your results when you return.

Sponsors

Advertisements