Drew

Prototype Panasonic 3D lens and body to be shown @ Photokina

New 4:3 3D lens and body by Panasonic

The prototype 3D lens that was announced back in July 2010 is finally doing its rounds at trade shows like IFA and now Photokina. Attached to the new lens is a prototype camera, possibly the new GH2.

Lets see it happen now. It seems to me like the 3d cameras are coming out in more shapes and sizes much faster than HD did. I played with Fuji's little 3d point and shoot the other night, very very cool!

Embedded image:

7-27-10-lumix-3d-lens-rm-eng.jpg

Unfortunately, the Panasonic GH-2 3D isn't looking at all promising: fixed FL, fixed aperture (f12), max rez 1920x1440 (per side?), no video...

The test images posted show vertical registration errors. This and any other errors, when corrected, will further reduce the low pixel counts.

It shows Panasonic (unlike Fuji) is not yet not serious about addressing 3D solutions at the prosumer level, at least not with this model. This model release is just about selling TVs to unspohisticated 3D consumers.

New 4:3 3D lens and body by Panasonic

The prototype 3D lens that was announced back in July 2010 is finally doing its rounds at trade shows like IFA and now Photokina. Attached to the new lens is a prototype camera, possibly the new GH2.

Well be kind. It's a consumer camera and a toy accessory. I suspect the prosumer and pro range will be a bit more useable.

Sponsors

Advertisements