Sign in to follow this  
Damo

for printing- jpeg or tiff???

hi folks,

Just to ask what are folk's preferences for printing re: file format??

I've read that its very hard to tell the difference between a top quality jpeg file and a tiff file- when printed on a good quality printer.

many thanks in advance

hi folks,

Just to ask what are folk's preferences for printing re: file format??

I've read that its very hard to tell the difference between a top quality jpeg file and a tiff file- when printed on a good quality printer.

many thanks in advance

I own a large format 24" Epson printer. I cannot tell the difference between a good jpeg and a tiff. I use tiff as my intermediate format in Photoshop. It's no problem to send a jpeg to the printer; especially when the file is already converted to the color space of the printer.

Home printing or shop printing??

If shop printing, then supply it in whatever format they ask for it. That way, if it goes wrong, it's their problem.

I cannot tell the difference between a good jpeg and a tiff.But i often print the tiff files using a tiff printer.And i found that the tiff files have a better image quality than jpeg files when printing.

So i often convert jpeg to tiff when i need to print jpeg files.But i want to know that whether there is a program which supports to print multipage jpeg.Thanks

I have the same question and i just run a test. The same image in JPEG and TIFF @ 300dpi to my photo lab and then examination from the same distance under same light conditions.

It was not possible to see any difference.

But, i don't know what results i will have if print them in a book (at a printing shop by using CMYK).

On my Epson or Canon printers, I can't tell the difference between Photoshop printing from a JPG or a Tiff, but interestingly I think I can tell when printing from PS vs. Lightroom.

Bill

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements