Sign in to follow this  
scubagrunt

sony vegas rendering help!!!

Hi Guys,

i put pictures and video in one dvd after trips. the quality sucks, and i realize it is me and not the machine who has the problem. what rendering settings are you using to get good quality dvd's that are not too big to put on a dvd. i am using a sony HD video camera so the video is HD and the stills are high quality. but when i render and burn the video is very grainy and sucks. help please!!

thanks

mel

scubagrunt@gmail.com

Edited by scubagrunt

Hello Me.

I take it you are editing in a 1920/1080 resolution time line?

Once you have done your edit, render out you MPEG 2 DVD at highest quality - 8mbps CBR if you have stacks of room on your DVD.

Dont worry about doing multi pass output as it will not improve the quality, use it only if you are going to have trouble fitting it all on the DVD.

I'm not too sure how Vegas handles down resolution to DVD from HD. Sometimes its best to render out a HD file and use another program to down convert it to standard definition resolution then encode out you DVD MPEG 2 from that. Thats only if you are going for the highest quality, if that's not too important then just render straight out from the time-line like you do.

In Sony Vegas, if you're downscaling interlaced video from HD to DVD, then go into the project properties and set "Blend Fields" or "Interpolate Fields" as a deinterlace method. You actually don't want to deinterlace but having a deinterlace method set affects the quality of the resize even if you still want interlaced output. One of Vegas' quirks.

Then choose one of the DVD render templates under "Save as type:" > "MainConcept MPEG-2". I agree with Wags, if space isn't an issue then go 8mbps constant bit rate plus your audio stream.

If you have a budget to buy a better MPEG2 encoder then Cinemacraft Encoder Basic, Procoder, or one of the TMPGenc products such as Xpress will give you a better result than the MainConcept encoder shipped with Vegas. Personally I frameserve to CinemaCraft Encoder Basic using the free Debugmode Frameserver and it absolutely rocks for quality and speed, but it's not free.

Hello Me.

Wags I know your living on your own but this is a little strange even by your standards :)

Dive safe

DeanB

oops I forgot the l

he he

Another thing you can try is to go and search "youtube" for something like, "best rendering settings for sony vegas" and it should give you a number of clips where other's show what settings they prefer and how to accomplish that.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements