This was in the spare o ring and o ring grease bag that come with my new housing. Any idea what it is. I was thinking maybe it is for tightenijng and untightening the camera base plate?

Stew

post-5742-1287926768.jpg

I was thinking maybe it is for tightenijng and untightening the camera base plate? Stew

Right on.

Right on.

Maybe you can use it for removing your O-ring from housing. If I am right it has sharp end on the other side (side you are blocking with your fingers on the picture)! I have similar tool for that purpose!

Cheers

Alex

Edited by Alexx

Your guess is correct, it is for tightening the base to the camera.

Mike

Maybe you can use it for removing your O-ring from housing. If I am right it has sharp end on the other side (side you are blocking with your fingers on the picture)! I have similar tool for that purpose!

Cheers

Alex

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Never use sharp metal to remove an o-ring; may damage the o-ring or the groove.

Bob

Cheers

Alex

As Deep6 has cautioned, don't use this to remove O-rings. You should have an O-Ring remover in your package; a yellow piece of plastic. Otherwise, you can use your credit to remove O-rings.

Sponsors

Advertisements